Royce/Maia/Shields

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question how long do you think Gracie would be able to be compete with Demian Maia Or Jake Shields I don't think there's much of a chance of him to win. But in a 25-minute fight do you think he sees the final bell. I honestly think the answer is yes
Neither of them in particular are aggressive and are content in scoring points they don't exactly have the ground pound of Matt Hughes.

Hey guys I have a question how long do you think Gracie would be able to be compete with Demian Maia Or Jake Shields I don't think there's much of a chance of him to win. But in a 25-minute fight do you think he sees the final bell. I honestly think the answer is yes
Neither of them in particular are aggressive and are content in scoring points they don't exactly have the ground pound of Matt Hughes.
If U wanna compare these 3 guys, better compare what they did against heavier opponents...

Royce would get finished by strikes in the first round by both fighters.

I believe Carlos Condit said he got rocked by Demian Maia worse than he's ever been (quote could be wrong, but he said something to that extent).

Maia would likely finish Royce by TKO in the first round. Jake would probably submit Royce within two or three rounds.

If U wanna compare these 3 guys, better compare what they did against heavier opponents...
how so?
I believe Carlos Condit said he got rocked by Demian Maia worse than he's ever been (quote could be wrong, but he said something to that extent).

Maia would likely finish Royce by TKO in the first round. Jake would probably submit Royce within two or three rounds.
Thank you for the opinion.
I think some people are going to criticize your Jake Shields comment. But I can honestly see Royce getting to that point into the fight. Although I think referee would have to step in. Because Homie don't tab. Just like the rest of his family.

And as for your comment with Demian Maia I don't think he'd be able to resist going into the ground with him. Just like Jake Shields fight. Damian has good boxing and probably could have easily out boxed Jake.
ButJake did box up GSP and Won a couple rounds but those skills were never seen before and sense.

Gracie, Hughes, Shield and Maia.

All these guys have one thing in common.

They don't know how to throw a proper punch.

What Condit actually said was that he was mentally done, his defence against Maia´s RNC was pretty rookie.
Magny, a real rookie, lasted much longer.

Royce against these 2 dudes would be a chess match.

Depending on the rules & fight configuration...

how so?

Thank you for the opinion.
I think some people are going to criticize your Jake Shields comment. But I can honestly see Royce getting to that point into the fight. Although I think referee would have to step in. Because Homie don't tab. Just like the rest of his family.

And as for your comment with Demian Maia I don't think he'd be able to resist going into the ground with him. Just like Jake Shields fight. Damian has good boxing and probably could have easily out boxed Jake.
ButJake did box up GSP and Won a couple rounds but those skills were never seen before and sense.
Wake up dude. Royce is garbage today. He never developed any standup whatsoever and would get finished quickly by both Maia and Shields. I never said they would beat Royce standing buy once it hits the ground, its over. Royce isn't going to be able to compete with Maia or Shields in scrabbles and would get pounded out by both. I actually believe that both guys could also submit Royce in the first round as well.

Royce is 50 years old. Maia and Shields are in their late 30s. How would any 50 year old name MMA fighter do against name MMA fighters 11-12 years younger than them?

royce gets submitted by your average purple belts i hear he isnt very talented as a grappler tbh his brother told me that he is by far the weakest of any adult gracie fighter he knows and he use to coach him during ufc 1-5

Mma or grappling Royce gets owned

He's too old schooled and never evolved

Weakest out of the brothers

I think Maia chokes him unconscious inside of a round, unless he would rather beat him into unconsciousness. I think Shields wins every round 10-7 from achieving mount inside of 30 seconds and pitter-patering for 4 minutes and 30 seconds to the sound of boos and the crowd leaving.

Maia and Shields both have superior grappling skills to Royce plus they're bigger and stronger.

royce gets submitted by your average purple belts i hear he isnt very talented as a grappler tbh his brother told me that he is by far the weakest of any adult gracie fighter he knows and he use to coach him during ufc 1-5

I don't know about that but he was subbed as far back as 1997 or so by Wallid Ismael. He was impressive when other fighters knew very little about BJJ (Shamrock at UFC 1 or Seven not knowing what a triangle was). After about 5-10 fights, the better fighters had him figured out.

Back