Royce Gracie would be a 145 lber

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Royce weighed 170 and was chubby. He loses 10 lbs of bodyfat to get 160 lbs ripped like George Roop, and he's easy weight cutting territory from 145.

Given his 1-D skillset, I think average 125 lbers beat him today. Cejudo wins UFC 1.

Royce weighed 170 and was chubby. He loses 10 lbs of bodyfat to get 160 lbs ripped like George Roop, and he's easy weight cutting territory from 145.

Given his 1-D skillset, I think average 125 lbers beat him today. Cejudo wins UFC 1.
Women, FLWs.. etc ... "win UFC 1"...

james3.gif

That's some of the craziest MMA math that I have ever heard. Bravo. That makes perfect sense to me. Who would of thought just 30 years ago that size strength and athletism is meaningless to technique. That is pretty weird to think about

Henry Cejudo gets smashed into a 125 lb. bloody puddle by Ken Shamrock in the second fight of the tournament. Probably Gerard Gordeaux as well.

Royce's aggression during the first few UFCs was off the chain.

Notice that almost every opponent was bleeding when he was done with them.

Henry Cejudo gets smashed into a 125 lb. bloody puddle by Ken Shamrock in the second fight of the tournament. Probably Gerard Gordeaux as well.

The same Gordeau who got submitted by blinded Yuki Nakai? In a recent thread I also saw someone speculate that Gordeau could beat Frankie Edgar and I just have to wonder, what did Nakai have that made him more formidable in some people's eyes than Edgar or Cejudo?

Last edited:
Let him fight with his gi and he wipes the division

He was 176 at UFC 1 and skinny as hell. LMAO at chubby. was 180 for the next few UFC's and skinny still.

Royce wasn't fat. Also, I believe his best weight per his own words was about 178 pounds.

That's pretty much right smack in the middle of LW territory.

But 1993 Royce time machined to 2018 UFC loses against every single fighter of note (in and around his weight). Respect to him all the same of course...the man was THE pioneer, or at least the guy who showcased the next big martial arts advancement to the world.

Thats a little too much, Cejudo would be around 145 but Royce would still be 30lbs heavier or more...pointless. Fair comparison could be Ortega or Max winning UFC 1 as FW's, they cut weight so they would had been over 170 just the same.

Mighty Mouse vs Tank would be a barn burner. I have Tank by flying umaplata.

Royce would get his ass beat by any top 10 135lber nowadays.

If he were willing to cut weight, maybe. Not all fighters are. Frank Shamrock probably could've cut to WW later in his career but never did. If they instituted a big range of weight classes in the early UFCs, I doubt anyone but ex-wrestlers would put much effort in weight cutting. It's like all this talk about Fedor "being a LHW size"...so what if he never cut weight? I don't recall many of the early BJJ guys or smaller Japanese fighters who cut much weight even when more weight classes started.

Back