Royce Gracie is giving a seminar near me.

Chazz Reinhold

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So Royce is giving a seminar near me. Its $ 125 for 2 hours . Has anyone done a seminar with Royce before ? Was it worth it? I'm sure I will go because when will that time come again where you can say you met a legend in the sport.

it good if you want to take a pic with him or say you trained with the pioneer. for $125 thats worth it especially if you live in a place that is not crawling with JiuJitsu. I wouldn't count on learning anything mind shattering. I went to a Royce seminar a few years ago and he is cool but it was mostly self-defense and basic upa, mount escape stuff that he taught.

Trick him into saying you know as much as a purple belt.

Tell everyone you are a Royce Gracie purple belt.

Went to his seminars back in 2009 and 2010. Dont expect anything game changing moves. Think of it as an expensive basics drill session. I went there for the pics and autograph. Oh, he also caught me smoking after the seminar and acted like a disappointed uncle.

$125 would be too expensive for almost any seminar, but especially one where a washed-up Royce phones it in.

Relson trained Royce as well and let's be real any average purple could have won ufc 1 only a mma noob would WANa go learn from Royce anyone who's a decent blue or better wouldn't care every brother will tell you Royce was by far the weakest

Relson trained Royce as well and let's be real any average purple could have won ufc 1 only a mma noob would WANa go learn from Royce anyone who's a decent blue or better wouldn't care every brother will tell you Royce was by far the weakest

I would rather take a photo with Royce than with Relson, Royce is much more of a mma/bjj icon. In terms of learning stuff I'm not interested in historical moves, you can get a lot of stuff on online training sites from modern day champs for 120$

I love how much shit Royce gets in here when you can damn well place money on him being the reason a majority of us started training BJJ.

I am not a fan of most Gracies, but why not.. it's a seminar that you won't get every day

If it was not for royce , I will be still doing karate.

exactly, me too
then I saw ufc 1 in 97 and was like holy shit i got to learn this
then waited 3 years to stop in at renzo's a couple times

I'd be fine with paying $120 to simply fanboy it for a couple of hours with Royce. I can't do this with other sports -- l'd pay a lot more than $120 to hang in a gym with Tim Duncan teaching how to sink bankers.

Do it. This is one of those things that you and maybe your kids or future and grandkids would appreciate as you get older especially when Royce passes away. (Not that I wish for that to happen)

Back