Rewatch Roy Nelson overhand is legendary

He had a good overhand. But his legendary weapon was his titanium chin.
The amount of punishment he endured in Werdum and JDS fights could knock out a wild buffalo.

Def a unique fighter. He was really good into trapping people into getting caught by that big overhand. Epic chin. Just the mullet and beard thing made him look stupid hahah. Like he could have been Big Country without looking like a bum.

I miss big country in the UFC

Nelson never got into the top 5 like Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa did, despite being more skilled than they are.

Always like Roy the fact Dana hated him made me like him even more

The way he sub’d Kimbo on TUF without taking any damage was impressive too

But yea he deserves more credit for that right
Didn't kimbo punch him pretty hard for starters?

Fat guy in a little glove, dude had crazy knockout power, it must’ve drove Daner crazy.

Big Country’s overhand is deadly. Crocop avenged that loss, though.

Nelson never got into the top 5 like Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa did, despite being more skilled than they are.
Nelson's best wins were Struve, CroCop (who got his revenge in Bellator) and Nog. He was the best gatekeeper ever.

Lewis was a legit top 5 fighter with wins over Roy himself, Gonzaga, Browne, Volkov, Ivanov, Oleinik, Blaydes and Ngannou.

Big Country was da GOAT!

AS_BRYANT-REEVES_COMP.jpg

yeah, when a HW gets the old proverbial heavy hands, it's a thing to watch. big country definitely had them.

The one on Nog is the most telegraphed right hand of all time. There was not even a hint of Roy trying to mask it whatsoever, the whole arena watched him step forward for 4 full seconds knowing he was setting up that right hand, and Nog just lets it land. Pride never dies huh.

BRAH
Nog looked like he walked out of care home into an octagon. Dude was just a walking zombie at that point of this career.

Reactions: HHJ
BRAH
Nog looked like he walked out of care home into an octagon. Dude was just a walking zombie at that point of this career.
Actually brah, the fight wouldn't have been sanctioned if he was in that bad a shape and he actually won a fight or two at that point of his career.
He just ran into a train that night and his old Pride tricks where he just absorbs power shots untill the opponent trips himself into his guard no longer worked.

Always fun to watch Roy, he had a great overhand right which is always the Gold punch for any fat fighters.

He has great submissions and ground and pound as well before he was in UFC, stopped using it when he came to UFC, which was a shame, but anyways his KOs were fun and violent

I can't believe how decent Roy still is at his age today. I expected him to be completely washed, but he probably ironically could compete in today's UFC HW division.

Back