Rousimar Palhares' controversial split-decision loss at FNG 73 overturned

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Rousimar Palhares’ split-decision loss to Shamil Amirov at Fight Nights Global 73 has been overturned to a draw.

Fight Nights Global President Kamil Gadzhiev said the initial result – announced without scores at the Sept. 4 event – was changed after the bout was reviewed by the Russian MMA Union.

“If fighters are not happy with the decision, fighters themselves, or their management, send an official protest letter to the Russian MMA Union,” Gadzhiev today told MMAjunkie. “They invite three new judges, they watch again, and they can change the decision. Sometimes, they change the decision.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/rousimar-palhares-controversial-split-decision-loss-fng-73-overturned

He probably went to comments section on YouTube on their channel. People called FN all kind of names in russian for this decision.

Not cool since in the sense that I think they have set-up a nice little scam there. They can make it so their hometown main eventers and anyone they are close with doesn't get a loss anytime they want. Just give them the win have it overturned so too many foreigners don't get cold feet fighting there. In the end their guy still doesn't get a loss on his record and it comes off looking fair and on the up and up over there.

The scoring wasn't that bad. I mean, I was leaning towards him winning also, but it wasn't a highway robbery or anything. His striking was really goofy and ineffective.

It wasn't that shocking, very disputed fight that could have gone either way imo. We've seen worst robberies.

Cool thing is that the Russian MMA Union can overturn decisions (even if this one wasn't that bad). Is that the case in the US ?

It wasn't that shocking, very disputed fight that could have gone either way imo. We've seen worst robberies.

Cool thing is that the Russian MMA Union can overturn decisions (even if this one wasn't that bad). Is that the case in the US ?

No not in the US as far as I'm aware of.

You can appeal a decision on various basis but I can't remember anytime they reversed anything unless a failed drug test was involved.

Reversing decision just opens up more questions about the whole system.

I did a pbp thread on this event (there were free streams) and missed this fight except for the decision.

All I saw was a Palhares looking healthy and his opponent having to be held up.

I'm still waiting for reimbursement of the money I lost by betting on Sakuraba against Royce Gracie.
Overturn after days means nothing to me.

People may not remember, but Kosaka actually beat Nogueira by MD at Rings event.
But because of the dissatisfaction of audience and Nogueira's cornermen, they changed the result when both fighters were still in the ring and draw was called. This is how overturn should be done.

I'm still waiting for reimbursement of the money I lost by betting on Sakuraba against Royce Gracie.
Overturn after days means nothing to me.

People may not remember, but Kosaka actually beat Nogueira by MD at Rings event.
But because of the dissatisfaction of audience and Nogueira's cornermen, they changed the result when both fighters were still in the ring and draw was called. This is how overturn should be done.

Saku vs Royce II was absolute robbery. Fuck that made me mad at the time.

I still feel like Rousimar got a raw deal. He didn't hold the Pierce or Shields sub for too long yet he was unfairly punished. Shields hit him after the bell and should have been punished. The dude comes to fight and I'll always be a fan.

Can the other guy have 3 new judges watch it?

boxing-judge-CJ-Ross.jpg

20100926102913_peoples.JPG

adalaidebyrd_interview_2013_03_06c_t1.jpg

Back