Rory Macdonald is the best fighter right now to match up with T Wood

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Rory Macdonald has took a good deal a time off got his nose fixed up. He seems to be as dominant as ever especially against a power striker where he excels at hitting the counter takedown and he maybe one of most complete MMA practitioners around. Seems like the first time in recent memory another organization has the rights to a fighter that would not only give fits the the UFC champ but holds a win over him. I'm happy to see him back to form and people will nitpick but he did enough on the feet to get Daley to commit it was a perfect performance. Being a long time Condit fan I never really was a Rory fan but the guy has put on some clinics (Maia, Woodley, Daley) and his fight vs Robbie was one of the best fights in history. The Canadian Psycho is ready for another great run.

He certainly belongs in the UFC. To bad they couldn't get a deal done.

Yeah I think he's probably the best welterweight in the world right now

Nate marquardt beat T Wood and Maia.

I hate that Lawler rearranged his face and sent him packing. I guess it's up to Georges to dethrone Woodley. Poor Maia doesn't really stand a chance unless he doubles his gas tank, terrible matchup.

Didn't read, but book it. Cross promotion fights would be cool.

He would whoop Woodley again. And it's not like Woodley got any better since the last fight. He still backs up against the fence and stares at his opponents until he gets tired doing nothing.

Rory via weird shit
9l98i.gif

It's too bad Hector Lombard got exposed, I really wanted Rory to bash on that guy's head.

He would whoop Woodley again. And it's not like Woodley got any better since the last fight. He still backs up against the fence and stares at his opponents until he gets tired doing nothing.

Rory via weird shit
9l98i.gif
Agreed Rory is the true king of the North. But that war with Robbie and honestly Wonderboy was a bad matchup/his nose was still effed up. I wish Rory Stark didn't sign too long of a deal he would be poised to take T Wood's belt.

That fight wouldn't have been fair.

I know, but some Sherdoggers quoted me and said Hector was a better fighter. I've been living a triggered life since. I need this weight taken off my shoulders.

Rory via weird shit
9l98i.gif

Rory very may beat Woodley if he makes it back to the UFC in the short term, but to claim that Woodley hasn't improved since that fight is asinine.

He wasn't even training with a real until after the MacDonald loss.

He also did a fuck of a lot better against Wonderboy than Rory, who could barely touch him.

I know, but some Sherdoggers quoted me and said Hector was a better fighter. I've been living a triggered life since. I need this weight taken off my shoulders.
Lol Rory is a boss, but the Lombard hype train was big at one point. Feel feel to untrigger yourself

Bad news is Daley does not and never has had a ground game at all, once he is down he can never get to his feet but usually he survives but not this time. I know this is not a ufc fighter but oh well Kimbo's son looked damn good for his time training, very fast and very alert even if his opponent was not ranked on the globe anywhere I was impressed I guess because I always liked Kimbo and I hope his son does well. Very humble just like Kimbo not a loud mouth idiot like what is taking over in the UFC. Coker had to have looked at that Dallas presser with DC and Jones and grinned and said to himself it is just a matter of time before this madness backfires. Damn Nunes trying to talk smack and she talks in goo gaga language, #joke

lol yeah man I will never forget watching that fight live. I was spooked a bit before the fight but when Old Man Henderson hit him with that vicious elbow everybody went crazy.

lol yeah man I will never forget watching that fight live. I was spooked a bit before the fight but when Old Man Henderson hit him with that vicious elbow everybody went crazy.

Hector hate aside, that was still probably my favourite KO of the year.

It was a great MMA moment

Rory very may beat Woodley if he makes it back to the UFC in the short term, but to claim that Woodley hasn't improved since that fight is asinine.

He wasn't even training with a real until after the MacDonald loss.

He also did a fuck of a lot better against Wonderboy than Rory, who could barely touch him.
What exactly did he get better in? Styles make fights so of course he could do better against Wonderboy than Rory.

He still knocks out people. Still gasses. Still backs up to the fence. Still gun shy and freezes. Occasional bursts. 1 or 2 leg kicks.

The dude doesn't deal with the jab very well as well.

Back