Rory Macdonald is fighting tomorrow!

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I only found out by freak occurrence. Sucks to see a guy of Rory's caliber call it a career @ 27 and waste away in Bellator :(

for real? wow paul daley is a huge underdog ...time to bet on him

thanks for telling me dude I knew this fight was taking place didn't know it was tommorow

Bellator

waste away his career in bellator? i bet he got a better deal then the ufc was offering him and the Bellator top 5 is as good as the ufc WW division imo.

according to himself he is verry happy with his current deal and with the potentional opponents Bellator has to offer we as fans should be verry happy aswell.

i also think there is a decent amount of promotion for this fight available around the web. maybe not on ufc level but its not like the ufc massively promoted Rory's fights either. the card is build for the UK market so that could have something to do with it aswell.

I am sure he will be heavily promoted if he wins this fight as his next fight would be a titlefight against the winner of Lima/Larkin.

Last edited:
I just hope he doesn't turn out like Benson did

I like Rory but i think he's done after that bloody war against Ruthless. His nose was broken like shit

And I only found out by freak occurrence. Sucks to see a guy of Rory's caliber call it a career @ 27 and waste away in Bellator :(

I don't think he's wasting his career in Bellator, but if he's successful, I'd like to see him back in the UFC.

While he's 27, there are some questions about his real fighting age (37?) after those wars with Lawler. Also, is he always going to struggle against strikers with good TDD (Lawler, Wonderboy, etc.)?

It's worth noting that he beat Woodley and Maia. He matches up very well against some top WWs. And if the WW title was passed around a little differently, he could be the UFC champ right now.

Again, if he does well in Bellator and wins the title, I'd really like to see him back in the UFC later...but it's a good place for him now. It's probably good that he's had a long layoff, too. Maybe a long recovery can reverse some of the damage he took....we'll see.

I just hope he doesn't turn out like Benson did

Yeah, Benson is a shell of a shell of the UFC/WEC champ he once was. I don't mind giving some credit to the Bellator fighters, but let's be real....Alvarez and Brooks in the UFC are leaving big question marks about how good the Bellator LWs really are. Benson went downhill since losing his UFC title to Pettis, and that explains his losses more than anything else.

Bellator has a better (and younger) WW top 6 than the UFC.

Bellator's WW division is awesome:

Rory, Larkin, Lima, Koreshkov, MVP, Daley, Chidi, Gonzalez, Ward...

Rory looked good at weigh in , good sign. Just needs to tire Daley a bit to take off some of his dangerous speed. If Rory fares ok in first round without getting tagged to hard think He can out work Daley rest of the fight. Should be a good one. Daley at home will be very sharp.

Also on tape delay so everyone will know who won before the fight airs.

Yeah, Benson is a shell of a shell of the UFC/WEC champ he once was. I don't mind giving some credit to the Bellator fighters, but let's be real....Alvarez and Brooks in the UFC are leaving big question marks about how good the Bellator LWs really are. Benson went downhill since losing his UFC title to Pettis, and that explains his losses more than anything else.

People like you make me sick! Let's point out the biases, lack of knowledge, and sheer stupidity of your post....

Firstly, why is it that with people like you, whenever a figther in the UFC goes to another promotion and starts losing it only happened because they were "out of there prime" or a "shell of what they once were". But when the opposite happens, said fighter was always in their prime whenever they left whatever promotion they came from went to the UFC and lost???? Biased much, LOL?

Secondly, how has Eddie been a disappointment? He won the UFC belt by knocking a guy who everyone was slobbering over being the greatest thing since sliced bread not ten minutes before the fight had started (and ended LOL). How is winning the title in the promotion that was supposed to be "Where the big dogs are" some sort of failure??? This spiel reminds me of that clip of the SJW who is listing all the ways Trump is horrible and lists "failed billionaire" as one of 'em. Wow, Eddie is such a failure and was never that good he just failed his way into a UFC title! Also, why does nobody point out that when Eddie won the UFC title he became the FIRST EVER fighter, not just LW but fighter, to unify ALL MAJOR TITLES??? He had beaten Aoki who had the Dream/One FC and was lineal Sengoku champion after Aoki had beaten Hirota. He had beaten the Bellator champ in Michael Chandler. He head beaten the Strikeforce champ in Melendez. He had beaten the WEC champ in Pettis and he had beaten UFC champ Dos Anjos. LW's only the best division ever, what a failure unifying all the belts was!

"Benson went downhill since losing to Pettis that explains the losses", L O fucking L! No, what explains the losses is that Benson, not Eddie, is the real farce! Eddies resume of wins is a laundry list of all-time greats and most of them he found a way to finish. Benson's "wins" are a bunch of gifts delivered by judges who had their heads up their asses the whole fight or were to bored by the action---if you want to call it that they rolled over from their nap and decided to grant Benson the win. He is the crap fighter and THAT"s the reason why he can't string together a win streak in Bellator!

Brooks however is crap and only get' love because he beat Chandler and people love that he trashes Bellator.

When Eddie retires, he does so as the greatest LW ever. People like you can discount it all you want by conjuring up whatever bullshit you call logic to explain it all away but to those of us who live a world of reality we know the truth!

Aside from my rant, I am really exciting to see Rory compete. TS, Rory leaving the UFC is not at all that bad. According to him he will be getting paid out for his services, which he needs since he now has a little girl to take care of, and you can be rebuilt outside of the UFC. Think of how Nick Diaz was rebuilt in Strikeforce and how people were yearning to see him back in the Octagon or to a lesser degree, how Anthony Johnson was reborn at LHW after going to WSOF.

It's weird to me that more people don't see the value in Rory, or any fighter for that matter, leaving the UFC, plying their trade elsewhere, and returning. Let's pose a hypothetical in which Rory becomes a 2 division champion in Bellator. Do you know how much his stock would rise? The dude would have a very favorable image from fans ans would be more likely to get a solid offer from the UFC and be more able to call the shots when it cam negotiating time.

People like you make me sick! Let's point out the biases, lack of knowledge, and sheer stupidity of your post....

Firstly, why is it that with people like you, whenever a figther in the UFC goes to another promotion and starts losing it only happened because they were "out of there prime" or a "shell of what they once were". But when the opposite happens, said fighter was always in their prime whenever they left whatever promotion they came from went to the UFC and lost???? Biased much, LOL?

Secondly, how has Eddie been a disappointment? He won the UFC belt by knocking a guy who everyone was slobbering over being the greatest thing since sliced bread not ten minutes before the fight had started (and ended LOL). How is winning the title in the promotion that was supposed to be "Where the big dogs are" some sort of failure??? This spiel reminds me of that clip of the SJW who is listing all the ways Trump is horrible and lists "failed billionaire" as one of 'em. Wow, Eddie is such a failure and was never that good he just failed his way into a UFC title! Also, why does nobody point out that when Eddie won the UFC title he became the FIRST EVER fighter, not just LW but fighter, to unify ALL MAJOR TITLES??? He had beaten Aoki who had the Dream/One FC and was lineal Sengoku champion after Aoki had beaten Hirota. He had beaten the Bellator champ in Michael Chandler. He head beaten the Strikeforce champ in Melendez. He had beaten the WEC champ in Pettis and he had beaten UFC champ Dos Anjos. LW's only the best division ever, what a failure unifying all the belts was!

"Benson went downhill since losing to Pettis that explains the losses", L O fucking L! No, what explains the losses is that Benson, not Eddie, is the real farce! Eddies resume of wins is a laundry list of all-time greats and most of them he found a way to finish. Benson's "wins" are a bunch of gifts delivered by judges who had their heads up their asses the whole fight or were to bored by the action---if you want to call it that they rolled over from their nap and decided to grant Benson the win. He is the crap fighter and THAT"s the reason why he can't string together a win streak in Bellator!

Brooks however is crap and only get' love because he beat Chandler and people love that he trashes Bellator.

When Eddie retires, he does so as the greatest LW ever. People like you can discount it all you want by conjuring up whatever bullshit you call logic to explain it all away but to those of us who live a world of reality we know the truth!

" biases, lack of knowledge, and sheer stupidity of your post.." Projection much? Benson went on a downward spiral after losing his UFC title to Pettis...this includes a 1st round KO loss to RDA and losing to Cerrrone, a guy he could clearly beat in his WEC days. Anyone who can't see that needs their IQ checked.

Aoki is the most overrated LW ever. He never came to the UFC for a reason. So-called "prime" Aoki circa 2008 would've been destroyed by BJ, who could box and grapple, unlike the 1-dimensional Aoki. Both Gil and Eddie beat Aoki easily, then he went to greener pastures where he (sometimes) wins against vastly inferior competition.

I could go on with your various fallacies, but have more important things to do. I agree with you on SJWs, FWIW.

Okay, quick bottom line: Benson has been a clear downward spiral. Brooks has been a huge disappointment. Eddie came to the UFC and was totally outclassed by Cerrone. Then he beat Gil after getting dominated in the 1st round before Gil gassed...same high-alt, dirty Mexico City air that Cain (normally a cardio machine) gassed in. Then he beat Pettis by a terribly boring affair via better wrestling...big freakin' deal, Clay Guida did the same years ago. He KO'd RDA in his Matt Serra moment...I'll give him credit for that, but Conor and Poirier clearly exposed Eddie for what he is--very overrated.

How are people just finding out about this fight? This has been on my radar since they announced it.

Alvarez is a top 5 LW of all time. I don't get the hate he gets.

Back