Rory MacDonald has been removed from the rankings

Just hope Rory gets a contract he's happy with. Prefer he stay in the UFC, he's given us a lot of entertaining fights.

Bellator Bless

Can't blame Rory, if the UFC low balls him, he has to do what's best for him his girl and baby.

Never was a Rory fan, but I hope he gets what he wants and things go well for him whatever he chooses.

Looking good for Bellator. Rory vs MVP, make it happen Coker.

Wtf.

Rory wasn't taken off, he's #3 on WW list.

The man's got a family now. Can't be putting everything on the line for 50K.

I just went on there after seeing this post, he's still there.

Screenshot_20160824-112334.png

There are some damn good fights for Rory in Bellator. Not just Koreshkov, but who wouldn't be interested in seeing him match-up against the likes of Paul Daley and Michael 'Venom' Page? (Bendo would have been intriguing too, if he wasn't going back down to 155 lbs.)

Good news, IMO. Provided the contract is relatively short (three or four fights) Rory can get paid, some quality wins and a belt -- increasing his stock in time to be resigned by the UFC in a year or so.

Guy was probably at least three wins away from getting another title shot anyway, so what's the big deal?

Sometimes they need to leave and find themselves....then comeback....crash and burn of become champ. Lawler did that too remember.

If he doesn't re-sign, I'd love to know how involved the new owners are.

He's pretty.much the antithesis of what a talent agency would want. Canadian, white, basic dorky look, not controversial or talkative. He's simply an incredibly talented mixed martial artist.

If IMG-WME made the call it's pretty telling in regards to how they view the sport.
All fair points, but he's also the biggest star for the Canadian market for them. And let's be honest, looking very unlikely GSP ever comes back, and even if he does, he's like 35. Would only be a couple fights. I dunno. Seems like a bad business move to sink the Canadian audience cause they don't want to pay Rory 75/75 or something.

Note, that he was tested by USADA two weeks ago, so as of then he was still in the testing pool

Out of contract yes, but still being tested
tumblr_npzz2k7cZA1u2aztro1_400.gif

This is how the UFC negotiates. Sign our contract or get removed from the rankings.

And Rory made the current champ look like an amateur, and was just in one of the best fights of all time with Lawler.

Back