Rory going after the legends: wants Wand, Fedor

po_thead

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Starting around 9 mins - asked about future plans:

"I want to be a champion, a 2 division champion if I can...outside of that, [I want the] the big fights. If I can fight the legendary fighters that are around here in Bellator, sign me up. Those are, I think, fan friendly fights. Seeing a young up and coming champion, if I'm a champion at that point...fighting legendary status fighters - I think that sells....(agrees with reporter saying Chael, Rampage then adds) Fedor, Wanderlei, these kind of guys...those are big guys and I think fans would like to see that."

Love this kid! Thoughts Sherbros?!

And fuck, I see another thread referencing this video - mods delete if you like!

Starting around 9 mins - asked about future plans:

"I want to be a champion, a 2 division champion if I can...outside of that, [I want the] the big fights. If I can fight the legendary fighters that are around here in Bellator, sign me up. Those are, I think, fan friendly fights. Seeing a young up and coming champion, if I'm a champion at that point...fighting legendary status fighters - I think that sells....(agrees with reporter saying Chael, Rampage then adds) Fedor, Wanderlei, these kind of guys...those are big guys and I think fans would like to see that."

Love this kid! Thoughts Sherbros?!

Think it's hilarious Rory thinks he can compete against Fedor, like Conor, these guys seem to think they are someone they are really not. Not necessarily out of bravery or anything, especially when you look at the way Rory fights, just full of themselves

Think it's hilarious Rory thinks he can compete against Fedor, like Conor, these guys seem to think they are someone they are really not. Not necessarily out of bravery or anything, especially when you look at the way Rory fights, just full of themselves

Rory can definitely compete with them. He walks around above 200lbs easily.

Rorry "the randy Orton of mma" McDonald

I don't see why Rory can't compete with bigger guys that are miles past their prime. I am disappointed Rory isn't in the UFC but it will be interesting seeing him terrorize Bellator.

legends ass kicking tour eh?
thats what chael claimed. they should fight eachother

I admire his balls...few WWs are brave enough to even utter Fedor's name let alone the desire to fight him. Speaking about "the way Rory fights", the kid's a warrior...example, he went thru hell and back against Robbie - decimated his face - fought literally until his body failed him and then called it the greatest moments of his life. He s as brave and as badass as they come imo: he is a true fighter

Rory vs Wanderlei or Sonnen ? It's a more balanced fight than Henderson vs Shields and Henderson lost that fight

I think Bellaotor should keep Rory away from the Title and make him fight some legends so that the MVP hype train does not get derailed

If it gets derailed then Rory for the title

I know he won't fight again, but nice to see Wanderlei getting called out by younger fighters.

Fedor is like 40 years old with a fuck load of mileage on him, on top of that even in his prime he was still considered a small HW. Rory could probably get up to 210-220lb pretty comfortably.

Rory can definitely compete with them. He walks around above 200lbs easily.

He walks around at about 200lbs...not "above it easily", 195-200lbs, Rory's word himself. He's not ripped at that weight either, he's carrying around 14-15% body fat. He isn't some 200lb ripped 9% body fat athlete who just cuts tons of water weight to make 170lbs, there's a difference between Rory being 200lbs and Luke Rockhold being 203lbs.

I hope MMA fans understand this.

Fedor is over 40 with no legit win whatsoever in the last decade. 8 years if you want to be specific: he beat Arlowski in 2009, 6 years before you made your Sherdog debut. Fedor is the greatest fighter of his time. From 2000 to 2009, he was the undisputed best. Not anymore: we're in 2017 son! Rory is much, much more dangerous than Fedor nowadays.

He walks around at about 200lbs...not "above it easily", 195-200lbs, Rory's word himself. He's not ripped at that weight either, he's carrying around 14-15% body fat. He isn't some 200lb ripped 9% body fat athlete who just cuts tons of water weight to make 170lbs, there's a difference between Rory being 200lbs and Luke Rockhold being 203lbs.

try 11-13%

So you think Rory can't compete with someone like Sonnen or Wand at this stage of their careers? Fedor is the absolute GOAT and my favorite fighter ever but I'd be lying if I said Rory can't "compete" with him at this age. Rory is a big dude and Fedor is way past it.

So you think Rory can't compete with someone like Sonnen or Wand at this stage of their careers? Fedor is the absolute GOAT and my favorite fighter ever but I'd be lying if I said Rory can't "compete" with him at this age. Rory is a big dude and Fedor is way past it.

Actually think Rory can compete with Sonnen, Wand and Fedor at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat all 3. I'm not interested in old washed up 40 something year olds though, I'd much rather see Rory vs Lima, Rory vs Larkin, Rory vs MVP, Rory vs Koreshkov.

I just felt you were overhyping the size of Rory. Like I said, he may walk around 195-200lbs but so does Jacare and Rockhold and they are physically bigger than he is. Walk around weight can't be a sole basis of physical size, Hendricks walks around weighing more than 6'5 Usain Bolt...doesn't mean hes as big, Hendricks is a fat tub of shit, the guy could literally walk around in the low 180s without losing any muscle mass, healthy.

Rory has a big frame, but he's a thin guy. Height and Length also aren't sole measurements for size. Rory carries almost no muscle mass, but he is naturally very athletic. If he put on the needed muscle to be a Middleweight he'd never be able to get back down to Welterweight. The reality is the level of talent is so low at 185lbs in Bellator he won't even need to put on muscle mass to beat a guy like Rafael Carvalho but if a guy like Ed Ruth gets really good at fighting...he might be too much for Rory with his physical size, thats a big if though.

A44I6384.0.jpg

10132214.jpg

hi-res-b10fa2040cba80e2a2f6d502b33f1c7d_crop_north.jpg

Rory isn't exactly huge.....He isn't a 6'1 200lb athlete, he may be that weight inbetween camps but he's a Welterweight in my opinion. Like I said, 6'5 Usain bolt is 207lbs, 6'4 Michael Phelps is 195lbs when they are in competition shape...no weight cutting, no dehydration. Rory's smaller than both those guys.

Rory, one of the top fighters in the world should not be fighting any of those legends.

Chael......Far from a legend and well on the decline.

Wandy....going on 41 and hasn't fought in 4 years. At that time seemed to be on the decline. Chances are he will be a shell of himself when we see him fight in June.

Fedor....3 weight classes above Rory and once again completely on the decline.

None of these fights do a single thing for Rory at this point. Much better sticking to whipping ass at WW and MW. How about being a two division champ who actually defends the belts repeatedly.

Back