Ronda Rousey's Career Was a Gift From the MMA Gods

I don't honestly buy the talent level suddenly got so much better and left her behind explanation. It was a case of Ronda getting very favorable match ups winning and then started getting very unfavorable match ups and losing.

ronda was good at 1 thing
most female fighters are average everywhere and suck in many area

ronda had 2 years on top and the competition caught up quick
holly have ok standup overall, good standup for a female 135 mma fighter
ronda suck at striking but cant get holly down
seems like classic early 90s mma to me

I think its normal, she just overhype for her time, it was distasteful thats why so many people turn against her

Last edited:
Ronda almost got her here:

sqXfrlrmUVPsQ.gif
"Almost had it. Gotta be a little quicker than that."

It played out so perfectly. From the build up to the climax to the resolution. Couldn't have created a better story.

Super arrogant, pretty blonde girl quits Judo and decides she wants to fight mma.

She uses her little armbar trick to submit many girls in the first round
ronda-rousey-breaks-arm-backwards.gif

UFC hype machine starts rolling, greatest ever fighter, could beat men, would beat Cyborg, Cain Velasquez you name it.

Hype gets to her head, she thinks she's gonna be a worldclass striker with 3 years of training, she gets a few tko victories against tomato cans.
sSa85oE.gif

Talks shit to opponents before and after matches has zero respect even after the matches are finished, loved to pour salt in opponents wounds.
giphy.gif

Talks a ton of shit to the nicest fighter you can possibly think of, Holly. Holly doesn't talk any shit back and is nothing but respectful.

Fight night comes and KA BOOOOOOOOM
vFSdOCw.gif

Ronda-Rousey.jpg

Ronda-Rousey-cries-as-she-reveals-she-had-suicidal-thoughts-after-UFC-loss-on-the-Ellen-DeGeneres-Show.jpg

Oh man was that fight a thing of beauty.

Then to top it off her boyfriend is one of the biggest douchebags in MMA, she left her ex boyfriend Schaub and started fucking his opponent that beat him.

She decides she's gonna come back and get great revenge, her vs the world. No media, fuck everybody. This opponent is also super respectful.

THEN
rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

how everything played out was so perfect. I don't believe in karma, but if I did this would be the evidence.

Also for good measure.
external

010317-edmond-kal-535x350.jpg

Duuuuude, I really wanted to defend Ronda when I started reading your post, calling her legit armbar technique a "trick"" But then you go on to nail every fucking point. You're so right dude. Really good job going thru it all... Only, after breaking all that down, how do you still not believe in Karma?

Man I haven't hated on Ronda in a while. Not since I found out she's a specialperson.

But OP, have my vote, like, friendship and endorsement.

She was truly a hideous, awful yet resourceful...special...person.

From the very beginning she was a bitch… All the way down to the end where she got completely outclassed then she retreated and recessed back into the woodwork she came from

most of It was an act. She was tryign to be a "heel" one of her best friends from the start was Chael sonnen.

Surprised more people haven't figured this out yet.
I'm not so sure. Sonnen is a heel, but is usually gracious in both defeat and victory. Rousey was both a sore loser and a sore winner.

I agree with the OP though. Her career had such a well-defined arc.

It played out so perfectly. From the build up to the climax to the resolution. Couldn't have created a better story.

Super arrogant, pretty blonde girl quits Judo and decides she wants to fight mma.

UFC hype machine starts rolling, greatest ever fighter, could beat men, would beat Cyborg, Cain Velasquez you name it.

Hype gets to her head, she thinks she's gonna be a worldclass striker with 3 years of training, she gets a few tko victories against tomato cans.
sSa85oE.gif

Talks shit to opponents before and after matches has zero respect even after the matches are finished, loved to pour salt in opponents wounds.
giphy.gif

Talks a ton of shit to the nicest fighter you can possibly think of, Holly. Holly doesn't talk any shit back and is nothing but respectful.

vFSdOCw.gif

Ronda-Rousey.jpg

Ronda-Rousey-cries-as-she-reveals-she-had-suicidal-thoughts-after-UFC-loss-on-the-Ellen-DeGeneres-Show.jpg

Then to top it off her boyfriend is one of the biggest douchebags in MMA, she left her ex boyfriend Schaub and started fucking his opponent that beat him.

She decides she's gonna come back and get great revenge, her vs the world. No media, fuck everybody. This opponent is also super respectful.

THEN
rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

how everything played out was so perfect. I don't believe in karma, but if I did this would be the evidence.

Also for good measure.
external

You sound angry.

Honda Jean will come back better than ever and ktfo Amandas arrogant ass.

I just wish Herb could have let Amanda land a few more to put her completely out....that would have been the perfect ending to the movie they will one day make about that arrogant bitch....but I'm ok with the way her career ended....Just perfect!

I also would have loved to see Ronda take a few more bombs from Nunes. It was great to see her humiliated a second time, but Ronda not being unconscious on her back taking more shots was a little disappointing.

I'm not so sure. Sonnen is a heel, but is usually gracious in both defeat and victory. Rousey was both a sore loser and a sore winner.

I agree with the OP though. Her career had such a well-defined arc.
all part of her shtick of being the "villain" someone people love to hate. Whether people love or hate you, at least they're talking about you. You could see her personality change once she hit the UFC.

Smoke and mirrors man. It's very hard to truly know someones personality and character when all we see of It is In front of cameras / media. Not saying that to defend Ronda but just generally speaking.

most of It was an act. She was tryign to be a "heel" one of her best friends from the start was Chael sonnen.

Surprised more people haven't figured this out yet.
Chael was hype

Ronda was serious

She had talent, but was obviously quite one dimensional. Her being able to excel using that her singular skill against what were thought to be some of the top women in the division at the time definitely fed her ego. Some of her opponents, like Miesha, were quite skilled. They just happened to be skilled on the ground which was Ronda's realm. Others like Cat fought her foolishly. And some of them just weren't really at that level at all, but that isn't the fault of Ronda.

She really fed into the hype and her coaching staff certainly didn't do anything to stop it. All it took was someone who was skilled on the feet and could keep it there to expose the glaring holes in her game that her coaches weren't trying to frantically try to close. Yes, she was insufferable. But I do feel a bit sorry for her because I believe she was somewhat mislead and used by her coaching staff. Either that or she just didn't have the aptitude for striking. Either way, her coaches were at least misleading her in where her skills were at.

Ronda was not a pleasant person

I laughed when she lost

Whatever you wanna call it, I'm glad that sour faced ugly cunt is gone from the company for good.

sSa85oE.gif

giphy.gif

vFSdOCw.gif

Ronda-Rousey.jpg

THEN
rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

Also for good measure.
external

quit after winning a medal in the Olympics. The way you phrase things man I tell ya.

Back