Romero's best chance to win is lay and pray.

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
Barring a flash KO (highly unlikely) against whittaker, romero better wrestle and keep wrestling.

Remember, the rounds he won against whittaker first time around were from wrestling. ROMERO WON ZERO ROUNDS once it was a striking battle after his takedowns were ineffective.

Lay and pray you must, Yoel.

Take down and hold down, do just enough to avoid the ref stepping in. This will conserve his energy and should at least try and get the first 3 rounds this way.

Question is can he do it? Whittakers scrambling and TDD is elite. And romero aint gonna win a striking battle (knocking out rockhold doenst change this).

Anyways this is the best fight on the horizon and while i hope its as good as the first i wont be surprised if yoel slows it down, gains rounds from positional control and squeaks a decison.

War Whittaker BTW

I would say his best chance to win is by KO, like in 7/10 of his UFC fights.

Romeros best chance is to lose by KO / TKO
Alternative is that Whittaker beat him up on the ground like he did last time in the final round.

He spent most of his gas-tank trying to LnP a one-legged Whittaker in the first fight and still lost the fight, because he couldn't keep it up and had to take off the entire third round to catch his breath. Assuming Whittaker hasn't declined significantly due to his recent health issues, I can't see that game-plan working any better than it did the first time. He'd be better off trying to strike while he's fresh and hope for a finish while he has full access to his explosiveness. Taking opportunistic takedowns when he sees an opening could get him a decision, but there's no way he's going to be able to maintain the type of wrestling-heavy strategy he implemented to win the first couple rounds of the first fight over five rounds.

Last edited:
I'd say his best chance is actually a flash KO. Whittaker has incredible TDD and Romero doesn't have the cardio to just wrestle consistently, he's an explosive wrestler, not really a positional one. If anything he shot too many times in the first fight.

Romero is a casual

If Whittaker was at Welters he could finish him any way he wanted. But at MW he gets wrecked 10/10 times

His best chance is Gay Jesus... with him on your side who knows what goes down

He lost the fight mainly because he went for too many takedowns without setting anything up and gasses out. You're key to victory for him was the main reason why he lost...

Barring a flash KO (highly unlikely) against whittaker, romero better wrestle and keep wrestling.

Remember, the rounds he won against whittaker first time around were from wrestling. ROMERO WON ZERO ROUNDS once it was a striking battle after his takedowns were ineffective.

Take down and hold down, do just enough to avoid the ref stepping in. This will conserve his energy and should at least try and get the first 3 rounds this way.

Question is can he do it? Whittakers scrambling and TDD is elite. And romero aint gonna win a striking battle (knocking out rockhold doenst change this).

Anyways this is the best fight on the horizon and while i hope its as good as the first i wont be surprised if yoel slows it down, gains rounds from positional control and squeaks a decison.

War Whittaker BTW

Nah laynpray would get him exhausted.

Although I´m pulling for Romero, If Whittaker does everything that he is supposed to do (puts the pressure on Romero from the beginning), this fight will be very hard for Romero. Because Whittaker is very young and has fast hands, so he can keep that pace for a long time and Romero gasses.
But I believe that Romero's KO over Luke is gonna make Whittaker just that little bit more hesitant to engage, knowing that he could get KOed, and this will give Romero that extra space that he needs to keep up with Whittaker during 5 rounds. But I don´t see Romero winning a decision. He either gets a KO/TKO or he´s gonna lose this fighter.

Yeah wrestling saves energy TS.

Clearly you’ve never fought or wrestled.

Romero is going to wait, wait, throw a leg kick, wait, wait, throw a lazy jab, wait, wait, drop to one knee to fake a TD attempt, wait wait then BOOM!

And Neeeeeewwwwww!

War Whittaker BTW
Dude even if you shoved needles in your butt, or weighed over the limit.
Da Reaper win yo.!!!!

I'd say his best chance is actually a flash KO. Whittaker has incredible TDD and Romero doesn't have the cardio to just wrestle consistently, he's an explosive wrestler, not really a positional one. If anything he shot too many times in the first fight.
Best chance is a flash KO? Bold strategy.

Back