Rogan: "When Ronda was in her prime..."

It is a terrible argument and one of the weakest cases of "out of prime fighter" ever.

Anderson Silva
Fedor
Wanderlei
Shogun
Cro Cop
Chuck Liddell

It took all of them close to or over a decade for them to start sucking, after over 30 fights each (chuck was the least active of the bunch). And handfuls of injuries and years of fame and it made sense cause they were all at least in their 30s.
People started talking about Shogun being washed up when he was 27 and had a shitty fight against Coleman, but then he won the title. Then at 29 the "shot" talk started up again.

Pride fighters won UFC belts at MW, LHW, and HW. Most top Pride fighters were out of their primes by the time they were into their UFC runs(funny how fighting for a decade and dozens of fights can do that somebody), but still head and shoulders above their UFC counterparts at the time. Pride's HW and MW divisions shit all over UFC's of the same period.
Only one to defend his belt was Rampage and that was once lol and then he got beat by TUF winner Forrest Griffin. Nogueira, Shogun, CroCop, and others have gotten absolutely stomped in the UFC and every time it's the "out of prime!" excuse

Really? Because didn't Ortiz beat Wanderlei? Bustamante had an extremely close fight with Rampage and was smaller? Griffin beat both Rampage and Shogun? Nogueira was minced by Mir? Coleman lost 3 times in the UFC and then won the HWGP in Pride?

Sorry kid, you're a can.

Only one to defend his belt was Rampage and that was once lol and then he got beat by TUF winner Forrest Griffin. Nogueira, Shogun, CroCop, and others have gotten absolutely stomped in the UFC and every time it's the "out of prime!" excuse

Sorry kid, you're guilty of it as well.
So UFC belts are worthless. Gotcha.

Anyone who thinks Ronda is out of her prime is for lack of a better word, a moron.

She's the same fighter she's always been, she has never evolved while others around her have. Holly also laid the blueprint for every future fighter to beat her since she doesn't evolve between fights.

Pride belts are considering it was an unsanctioned corrupt organization that hasn't existed in almost 10 years
Ikr. Isn't it funny how Pride guys came over and finished reigning UFC champs in three separate divisions, right off the bat.

Ikr. Isn't it funny how Pride guys came over and finished reigning UFC champs in three separate divisions, right off the bat.
Yet were all flash in the pans that couldn't defend their belts and subsequently got smashed

Sounds stupid to say but her prime mau have been when she was winning. She went out of her prime when she lost because she lost confidence in her skills. The loss was too much psychological trauma for her that she went out of her prime.

She was like Fedor in the fact that she was in her prime until the moment she lost.

Not quite. I thought Fedor was past his prime at least 2 years before he actually lost.

Yet were all flash in the pans that couldn't defend their belts and subsequently got smashed
Cool story, bro. Must hurt for all the UFC ATG's that were finished by those flashes in the pan(most of whom had dozens of pro fights under their belts).

Meanwhile, Anderson is the most dominant champ in UFC history. Page finished Chuck, the. defended it. Later Shogun won it. And a decade later, a bunch of 40yr old Pride vets are still relevant at hw.

No I just don't think she's anything special, I've never hated on Pennington before this. Besides Nunes retired Miesha if anything, she was already just going through the motions when she fought Pennington.

I don't even think Nunes and Shev are necessarily true "evolutions", I just said there's more of an argument for them.

Evolution is always overrated, most blatant was when people were calling Pena a more evolved breed of WMMA fighter when she's Tate lite.

Pena is a throwback if anything to the days when women were all heart and no technique. Pennington's an interesting case, she has solid skills everywhere and uses them well for the most part. She can stay patient & setup her moves for about half the fight, the other half she loses track of the plan and gets sucked into fighting on instinct. Nunes and Shevchenko are true "evolutions", they fight to plans, have good setups on their moves, adjust to exploit openings, and are technically solid. There's a reason that the ATT trained version of Nunes has beaten everyone and Shevchenko's only loss is to Amanda.

Cool story, bro. Must hurt for all the UFC ATG's that were finished by those flashes in the pan(most of whom had dozens of pro fights under their belts).

Meanwhile, Anderson is the most dominant champ in UFC history. Page finished Chuck, the. defended it. Later Shogun won it. And a decade later, a bunch of 40yr old Pride vets are still relevant at hw.
There's not one 40 year old Pride veteran in the HW division that's relevant

Correction; Hunt. Who's been finished multiple times in the UFC.

How do you feel that these supposedly amazing unbeatable Pride fighters were beaten by a TUF winner?

Lol her prime , that ended by the head kick her around the world

So what you're saying is... it takes a lot of energy to be a rockstar.

Ronda fans are the best.
You think I'm a fan of ronda?

I'm not a fan of Ronda. Nor would that Influence my opinion even If I was.

It's called actually having an objective unbiased outlook when analyzing a person's career.

Nothing I said was wrong.

Sorry for actually having some level of critical thought.

Last edited:
"Prime Ronda beats Mayweather !!!" Dana fookin White

There's not one 40 year old Pride veteran in the HW division that's relevant

Correction; Hunt. Who's been finished multiple times in the UFC.

How do you feel that these supposedly amazing unbeatable Pride fighters were beaten by a TUF winner?
Yeah, whatever...Hunt, Werdum, Reem, Barnett.

Lol the Ronda fan excuses are not credible and they are as weak as BJ penns.

"When BJ is motivated" lol like a professional mixed martial arts fight in front of thousands of live fans, big pay check, on ppv, and in the biggest mma organization on earth (or 2nd when Pride was around) isn't motivating enough?

Back