Roe v. Wade based on a false allegation of gang rape.

I believe the position is you are responsible for the child's well-being before and after it is born, i.e. it is 100% consistent.

It's pointlessly inconsistent. If they're responsible for before it the birth then they should allowed to make their own decisions...including abortion.

If you're going to take that pre-birth decision away from them, it is not consistent to then pretend that they are 100% responsible before and after the fact because they were not 100% responsible before.

And if the argument is that you're looking out for the child by preventing abortions...why do you stop looking out for the child after it's born? Does the sense of responsibility only apply to in utero children?

There's zero consistency there.

There's zero consistency there.
I respectfully disagree. The point is the parent is responsible for the child before and after birth. That's the consistency.
You're saying other's should be responsible after it is born.

But in general there's not much middle ground in this topic so we'll probably have just disagree.

If you're going to take that pre-birth decision away from them, it is not consistent to then pretend that they are 100% responsible before and after the fact because they were not 100% responsible before.

They're just using the old positive and negative rights argument.

I respectfully disagree. The point is the parent is responsible for the child before and after birth. That's the consistency.
You're saying other's should be responsible after it is born.

But in general there's not much middle ground in this topic so we'll probably have just disagree.
No, I'm saying that responsibility before includes choosing to abort. If you're saying that the adult is not allowed to make that choice then they are not 100% responsible because someone else is stating a responsibility and limiting the parent accordingyl.

We can disagree on the rights/wrongs of abortion. The concept of "responsibility" shouldn't be that flexible. Let's use strictly post birth to explain.

Someone is responsible for their kid. If they want to leave the kid in an orphanage...it's their choice. If the government said that the adult is not allowed to put a kid up for adoption then that adult is no longer exercising 100% responsibility. The government has stepped in and stated that it, the government, has a say in what happens. It, the government, has a share of the responsibility.

Would you agree with premise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back