Rocky Marcian vs Jake La Motta pound for pound

Crccr

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
how were they're skill sets compared PFP?

Lamotta beat Robinson but other than that, his resume is pretty weak and he was involved with fixed fights. I don't really rate him P4P at all.

Lamotta had more skills but people forget because he was such an aggressive fighter, he had no punch. Great chin, no punch, Marciano, more discipline, less skill, less intelligence but I'd think he'd win.

in the fight he beat sugar ray he knocked him out. but at 8 he was saved by the bell and he i said to be down for another 5-10 seconds and he was out on his feet for the rest of the fight. his other big wins are a fight he won because a guy broke his leg, and a fight he lost badly and then won by knockout. last second.

I have no proper footage on lamotta but I think for modern times he wouldnt be very good at all, Infact if it was possible I think david lemiuex would beat him

sugar ray said it was a liver shot that had him almost crying as the shot that put him down. those shots don't usually leave you mentally woozy. Another interesting thing, in the immediate rematch, Lamotta claims most of the newsmen covering the fight thought he won that one too. He was bigger by about 15 pounds at that time and as he says, no one wanted to fight either of them so they fought each other. Lamotta was a good fighter, he outboxed Robinson for 10 rounds in their epic finale before falling apart in the late rounds.

in the fight he beat sugar ray he knocked him out. but at 8 he was saved by the bell and he i said to be down for another 5-10 seconds and he was out on his feet for the rest of the fight. his other big wins are a fight he won because a guy broke his leg, and a fight he lost badly and then won by knockout. last second.

I have no proper footage on lamotta but I think for modern times he wouldnt be very good at all, Infact if it was possible I think david lemiuex would beat him

With current SnC methods Lemieux can cut probably 15 lbs more than LaMotta given their walk around weights. Lemieux during their time wouldn't have been a middleweight, he probably would have been a light heavyweight.

ya, i can't understand what Lamotta's issue was with his weight, whether it was an eating disorder or what, he really wasn't a huge middleweight. I know making weight is a struggle common amongst fighters but his stories sound ridiculous.

Back