Rockhold on UFC230 fight with Weidman: Business is good, I dont need to fight unless right contract

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rockhold today told MMAjunkie he hasn’t signed a contract to fight Weidman at UFC 230 at Madison Square Garden in New York – and unless he sees “the right contract,” he doesn’t seem too motivated to take the fight, despite all it’s got going for it.

“No pen to paper,” Rockhold said. “Of course it’s intriguing. Madison Square Garden vs. Weidman – (I’m) number 2, he’s number 3. It’s a pretty clear-cut fight. You go out there and do the job at Madison Square … it’s fun, it’s sexy."

“You’ve got to show me the right contract. I don’t need to do anything. Business is good. We’re doing business everywhere. I’ve got a lot of things going on. When you show me the right contract, I’ll sign the right contract.”

giphy.gif

lol.

This guy thought he was conor mcgregor when he was rambling on about "conceive, believe achieve" before getting knocked the fuck out by bisping and now he still thinks he's conor mcgregor threatining to sit out.

and he was just knocked the fuck out again.

lol.

This guy thought he was conor mcgregor when he was rambling on about "conceive, believe achieve" before getting knocked the fuck out by bisping and now he still thinks he's conor mcgregor threatining to sit out.

and he was just knocked the fuck out again.

Lol, do you really think that? You do realise people did both of these things long before Conor right?

Did Rockhold actually just say "It's fun, it's sexy" when referring to his potential fight?<45>Dude must be spending too much time with Mugatu and is taking his modeling gig way too seriously, dressing up like a sailor boy village people to UFC events
Brock-Lesnar-and-Daniel-Cormier-990462.jpg

I don't blame him...

He was paid:

UFC 194 – Dec 12/15 – W (Weidman) – $240,000 ($80,000 to show, $80,000 win bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC 199 – Jun 4/16 – L (Bisping) – $290,000 ($250,000 to show, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs Branch – Sept 16/17 – W (Branch) – $180,000 ($85,000 to show, $85,000 win bonus, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC 221 – Feb 10/18 – L (Romero) – $485,000 ($350,000 to show, $105,000 from Romero for missing weight, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

Clearly he can make more being a fashion model/male gigolo in Hollywood.

Is Luke trying to retire?
What happened to the guy that doesn't have gfs, kids, and wives because those are distractions to fighting?
This dude is too busy taking pictures these days.
If he beats Weidman, he would be in a title shot eliminator match with Borrachino or Gastelum.

Kind of hard to argue about the "right contract" coming off of a KO

If Weidman can ko Rockhold, like Rockhold ko'ed Weidman..... and in Romero ko'ing both of their bitch asses.....on top of the Bisping ko of Rockhold.....<{anton}>Man, life would be in greater than it is now<{coachie}>

Dang Bisping really did ruin Rockhold

Rockhold was a confidence based fighter

Someone as ego driven as Rockhold, it must have crushed his spirit being knocked out in minutes by someone who he viewed as so inferior (Bisping)

Rockhold just hasn't been the same since.

Now he doesn't even want to fight anymore. Bisping shattered Rockhold's confidence

Rockhold is in a much different mental state compared to the first time he fought Weidman. Rockhold doesn't want to risk losing to Weidman like he lost the rematch to Bisping. Rockhold would rather retire. Really is a shame. Rockhold was one of the greatest talents MW had ever seen. Honestly makes me sad.

Back