ROBOCOP RETURNS (Lands Little Monsters Director)

I think Robocop 2 totally fucking rules and anybody who disagrees I'll fight them backyard Kimbo Slice bare knuckle style. I think it's just as good if not a little better than the original.

I think Robocop 2 totally fucking rules and anybody who disagrees I'll fight them backyard Kimbo Slice bare knuckle style. I think it's just as good if not a little better than the original.
When I was a kid I always enjoyed RC2 more than RC1, but I rewatched them both recently after not watching them for ~20 years and IMO the first one is definitely better. I think the difference was the second one lost a lot of the satire and in exchange gained some goofy parts. It's still a decent movie, I just think it lost a lot of its bite.

This fucking sucks. I want a new predator. A new aliens. And a new Robocop. And Friday the 13th

But we can't have them cuz of whining bitching fans of the 1980 movies. This is why we can't fucking have nice things.

The new Friday the 13th wasn't even that bad.

Instead we get nothing but prissy shit like moonlight, la la land and captain marvel

The Friday the 13th remake was straight garbage. It makes Rob Zombie's Halloween look like an art house film in comparison.
Fans of the 80's movies are all that exist since all the films were made in the 80's (Robocop 2 and Predator 2 made in '89 released in 1990; Jason Goes to Hell was the last of the original Friday the 13th films made in '92, released in '93 but many consider it part of a different New Line era separate from the Paramount era, plus it had the weird story).
The problem exists when the producers only make stereotypes of the original films and tossing things in to say "hey remember this" for the sake of nostalgia or some connection to the original to attempt credibility instead of trying to create something within the same guideline parameters of the originals but new. That happened with the Friday the 13th remake, the new Halloween, the Disney Star Wars films, etc.
The Friday the 13th remake was just a couple of writers taking all the tropes associated with (not even necessarily in) the original Friday the 13th films and late 70's to 80's slashers and made a film out of them, the Disney Star Wars films and the new Halloween relied on nostalgia casting and visual and audio cue nostalgia boners to associate themselves with the originals in the brains of those watching (the recent Star Trek and films , hoping to ride on that association to make the movies seem better than they are.
There's a problem in trying to create something too different and one in trying to be too similar, it's not an easy task. Alien and Aliens at least had a definitive storyline from which to draw from wherein a sequel is easier to make, not so much with the others. The original Star Wars trilogy had a definitive and satisfying ending. Predator was essentially a one shot film, but the premise allows for the premise to be used in other locations, Predator 2 just wasn't as well made, but the premise can work. Friday the 13th, you have to really just respect the character of Jason and try to make a good horror film, not just a body count film full of tropes and one dimensional characters. Parts 1 and 2 tried to be decently serious and realistic in tone and part 6 did something new and well made while keeping within the series' legend and they are the best films of the lot. When you try to made pure body count movies you end up with the likes of the remake and part VII which have the shittiest characters and worst filmmaking in the franchise. Robocop worked in no small part due to the style Verhoeven had, Robocop 2 still had a good director in Kershner, so it didn't stray too far, but that style is difficult to replicate, and the story in part 2 had less to do with Murphy's humanity and the corporate concepts of the original which is where a strong screenplay comes in. The Terminator series is like Star Wars in that it ended perfectly with part 2, but they keep mining the franchise.
As much as we may want some series' to go on, I think in many cases they are better left off at one or two movies. There never needed to be a Robocop after 1 or a Terminator after 2 or a Halloween or Texas Chain Saw Massacre after the original.

Predator is beyond repair at this point

You would have to do another reboot because Shane Black's The Predator might be the worst movie ever made.

As a hardcore Predator fan, I am disgusted with studios trying to turn Predator into something it is not.

I have always said to my brother, who agrees with me, that Predator really only has 2 story lines to do

1.) They go back to the roots and just do a low budgetish jungle action movie. Yes they have already done that TWICE but sorry to say thats what Predator is. This is the best plot for a Predator movie simple as that.

2.) Predator homeworld shit. I have always told my brother it would be cool to see Predator homeworld shit. I wanna see Predator society, I wanna see Predator hierarchy, I wanna see Predator Bloodlines wars. Make a movie that is ONLY Predators. Predator has language so just subtitle that shit. Predator society is WAYYYYY more advanced than Humans and I wanna see that shit. Predators have like warp speed in order to get to Earth all the time. WARP SPEED SOCIETY!

2.) Predator homeworld shit. I have always told my brother it would be cool to see Predator homeworld shit. I wanna see Predator society, I wanna see Predator hierarchy, I wanna see Predator Bloodlines wars. Make a movie that is ONLY Predators. Predator has language so just subtitle that shit. Predator society is WAYYYYY more advanced than Humans and I wanna see that shit. Predators have like warp speed in order to get to Earth all the time. WARP SPEED SOCIETY!
Didn't we get a short scene of their planet in...AvP:R? Can't remember which film, they all sucked so much they run together. But I remember that being a highlight of an otherwise shit film.

EDIT: Yup, here it is. I agree that we need more of this sort of thing.

Wwhatever. I still think old fucks like us make too much of the old-school mythos of 80s franchises. I actually liked the Robocop reboot. Just nitpicky fans bitching till we don't get anymore movies.

"Oooh, the first was the best! I don't want a new one!!""

Fuck you

Is it a continuation from the original or the POS 2014 movie? I would like to know.

Update: November 20, 2019

ROBOCOP RETURNS Lands Little Monsters Director Abe Forsythe

BBr2SOL.jpg

Dead or alive, Abe Forsythe is coming with Robocop. MGM has tapped rising filmmaker Forsythe, the helmer of the Lupita Nyong’o zombie comedy Little Monsters, to direct Robocop Returns.

The project is being developed as a direct follow-up to the 1987 movie released by Orion.

Atlas Entertainment’s Richard Suckle, along with Ed Neumier and Michael Miner, the screenwriters of the original film who are considered its co-creators, are producing.

Directed by Paul Verhoeven, Robocop centered on a police officer who, on death’s doorstep, is used as an experiment to create a new type of patrolman, one that is half man, half machine (but "all cop," as the poster said). The new creation then struggled with resurfacing memories and corrupt city officials.

Sequels followed in 1990 and 1993, with MGM, which acquired Orion in 1997, first attempting a reboot in 2014 with a modern take directed by Jose Padilha.

Neumeier and Miner wrote the script for the sequel years ago with Justin Rhodes, who worked on the recent Terminator: Dark Fate, writing on the project on a recent draft that had, in 2018, Neill Blomkamp attached to direct.

Forsyth will rewrite the script penned by Rhodes.

Robocop is a major step in terms of scale for Forsythe, who was an actor before turning to directing shorts and TV shows in his native Australia. Little Monsters, a low-budget indie co-financed by Screen Australia, gained strong notices when it bowed in October in a limited release before streaming on Hulu.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...little-monsters-director-abe-forsythe-1256699

DISTRICT 9's Neill Blomkamp to Direct ROBOCOP RETURNS for MGM

WyXC8MI.jpg

RoboCop, the cyborg police officer who patrols the streets of Detroit, is returning to the big screen.

Neill Blomkamp, who directed such tech-heavy movies such as District 9 and Chappie, has been set by MGM to direct what is being titled RoboCop Returns, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Justin Rhodes, who co-wrote the Terminator reboot that Tim Miller is directing, is rewriting a script that was written by Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner, the duo who wrote the original 1987 movie, considered a sci-fi and action classic.

The original movie, directed by Paul Verhoeven, told of a police officer who, on death’s doorstep, is used as an experiment to create new type of patrolman, one that is half man, half machine (but all cop! as the poster said). The new creation then struggled with resurfacing memories and corrupt city officials.

The movie struck chords viscerally – the action elements went deep R – as well as thematically, with the movie serving up satirical commentary on Reaganomics, the GoGo 80s and media.

Two sequels followed, one even co-written by Frank Miller, but they are largely forgotten.

MGM already tried to resuscitate the franchise with a remake in 2014. That movie was directed by Jose Padilha, the director of Brazil’s acclaimed crime movies Elite Squad, and starred Joel Kinnaman. The movie was met with tepid response and shows how hard it can be to manage and update classic titles.

Neumeier and Miner wrote the script for the sequel years ago with Rhodes now rewriting it. Neumeier will act as a producer on RoboCop Returns with Miner acting as an exec producer.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/neill-blomkamp-direct-robocop-returns-1126289
A sequel to the original has potential (unless they pull a Terminator Dark Fate), but a sequel to the 2014 remake is definitely not wanted. The 2014 remake wasn't horrible, but it was lacking some key elements from the original, and simply wasn't as good as the original.

Last edited:
A sequel to the original has potential (unless they pull a Terminator Dark Fate), but a sequel to the 2014 remake is definitely not wanted. The 2014 remake wasn't horrible, but it was lacking some key elements from the original, and simply wasn't as good as the original.

The Samuel L. Jackson stuff was atrocious. It should have simply all been cut. Ending the movie with it was ridiculous.

Kinnaman had the charisma of a comatose Jai Courtney in that movie.

The Samuel L. Jackson stuff was atrocious. It should have simply all been cut. Ending the movie with it was ridiculous.

Kinnaman had the charisma of a comatose Jai Courtney in that movie.
Honestly, I don't even remember Samuel L. Jackson's part in the film.

I agree that the performances overall left something to be desired (with the exception of Michael Keaton). There were some cool things about the film, but it had no chance of besting the original. Why even try?

Honestly, I don't even remember Samuel L. Jackson's part in the film.

He was the TV guy they kept cutting back to for no reason that had nothing to do with the story. The Novak Element or something like that. Then the movie ends on him just going on a rant when he had nothing to do with anything in the movie.

He was the TV guy they kept cutting back to for no reason that had nothing to do with the story. The Novak Element or something like that. Then the movie ends on him just going on a rant when he had nothing to do with anything in the movie.

His role was "Hey, Look, we have Samuel L Jackson in our movie"

If it isn’t set in a pseudo 80s future then it should be.

A sequel to the original Robocop’s instead of a shitty remake, I’d buy that for a dollar!

JUST FUCKING STOP ALREADY.

No nü-Robocop movie will ever touch the original because any director worthy of carrying on Paul Verhoeven's legacy would scoff at directing a fucking focus grouped to death remake with asshole Hollywood producers thinking they know how to make a movie. "Robocop was all about a robot cop and guns...right? Let's get *insert generic brown haired white actor here* to star! Durrrrrr."

trans robocop is going to be weird

Back