Robin Black says that Prime Anderson Silva would lose to Derek Brunson

The game evolved into Weidman and Rockhold level. Then it devolved into Bisping level. When Anderson wins back the belt in 2017 it has gone full circle.

I can't wait for GSP to come back and smash mofkers, then you can stop with this old shit. I'm not even a GSP fan as his lay and pray shit but I bet will still dominate.

He's 100% right. Prime Anderson wouldn't even be a top 10 mw today.

People need to understand that the game has evolved a lot since when Anderson was champion

lol best unintentionally funny post of the day.

When Yair hit BJ with that 360 roundhouse kick to the dome and BJ looked like e thought he was on another planet

That's the proof that MMA has evolved? Jon jones has been doing that kinda shit for years, MMA goes in circles, sometimes grappling is winning and sometimes striking is. It won't evolve anymore than it already has.

Old man Silva damn near finished DC lol. Prime Silva would annihilate Brunson.

When Yair hit BJ with that 360 roundhouse kick to the dome and BJ looked like e thought he was on another planet

That's retarded, Penn is old as hell... nothing passed him by, he was ahead of the game to start with, Prime Penn does not lose to Yair...

Prime Penn beats Yair and Prime Anderson destroys Brunson.. glad theres some knowledgeable and decent sherdoggers here in this thread.

no he didnt say would, he said could

remember when gsp lost to matt serra? jds lost to overeem? ronda lost to holly? aldo lost to conor? shit happens
that's a crappy opinion, crappy journalism. why even say could, then?

so I can just say, well this BJ COULD lose to khabib. it doesn't matter if there's only a 0.00000000000001% chance, it still could, right?

it's retarded

Robin Black said that Anderson Silva at his peak COULD lose the fight. That is different than WOULD. "Could" means that there is a possibility, which I agree with. There is always a possibility that the greatest fighters will lose if they face other high-level fighters. Robin Black meant that Derek Brunson is high level, and even a peaking Anderson Silva should not take him lightly. If Robin Black had said "would", that would have meant it's not just a possibility, it's a certainty. But he said "could".
I wonder what would happen to Sherdog forums if threads were marked as "misleading title" by moderators? ^_^

He's 100% right. Prime Anderson wouldn't even be a top 10 mw today.

People need to understand that the game has evolved a lot since when Anderson was champion
He took the belt from a 22-1 champ and the gatekeeper of his era is the champion now

no he didnt say would, he said could

remember when gsp lost to matt serra? jds lost to overeem? ronda lost to holly? aldo lost to conor? shit happens
The only true upset you mentioned was GSP x Serra

Robin Black said that Anderson Silva at his peak COULD lose the fight. That is different than WOULD. "Could" means that there is a possibility, which I agree with. There is always a possibility that the greatest fighters will lose if they face other high-level fighters. Robin Black meant that Derek Brunson is high level, and even a peaking Anderson Silva should not take him lightly. If Robin Black had said "would", that would have meant it's not just a possibility, it's a certainty. But he said "could".
The diference is just one letter though. Fuck that guy

He's saying Ben Saunders would beat Royce and because of that evolution Anderson in his prime (which was about 5 years ago) would need to elevate his game to beat Brunson who's new breed.

How can you call yourself an analyst and say that.

MMA evolved quickly in the 90's because a child will learn quicker than an old man. But in the early to mid-00's you already had well-rounded fighters like Fedor, Nog, Penn, Wand, Chuck and Shogun in their prime, Frank Shamrock earlier, and those guys would be contenders today.

Robin's overrating progression of the sport like many media members do. Derek Brunson, the guy who charges in like Tony Galindo 15 years ago

<6>

Back