Robin Black reveals Eddie Bravo's plan for Tony

Yeah, it's bizarre, as he was essentially unanimously liked a few years ago and now everyone hates him on here. His titan sized philosophical, verbose and esoteric breakdown of MayMac really pissed off a lot of people, but he is simply just trying to shed light on the fight from a different angle; plus it is damn hard to air like 10 hours worth of content from an impromptu and unrehearsed presentation. With super pessimistic and left brained guys like Luke Thomas, who I like too, Robin offers a breath of fresh air.

It's just bizarre how greatly the MMA world loves hating on everything and anything, especially when said something succeeds and become successful and popular. It's all very adolescent, cringe and reminds me of when teenagers will like some unground Punk or Hardcore band when no one else knows them, but then they hate them once they become popular.
I totally agree but have to admit that I was a bit like that after the first TUF. I felt like we had all these unwanted guests at the party. Luckily I've outgrown that now. haha

I totally agree but have to admit that I was a bit like that after the first TUF. I felt like we had all these unwanted guests at the party. Luckily I've outgrown that now. haha
Key phrase that you used is "out grown that", as that is only something younger and more immature people do. The only people that hate on success, are by their very definition, "Haters".

Black seems to be going through some odd philosophical phase. Saying things like takedown defense doesn't exist. Wrestlers just learn to wrestle, takedown defense is not even a thing. "Takedown defense" are words that exist and we understand what it means in the context of mma. MMA fighters don't learn "wrestling" they learn the aspects of it that are applicable to their game. The defensive aspects for a lot of guys. But we can't call that "takedown defense" because that doesn't exist. Even his criticism of the term "Takedown defense" misses the mark. A lot of aspects of it don't come from wrestling - footwork, pivots..etc

The guys so annoying an he overthinks everything. He was on the Rogan podcast and was acting like MMA was something. Reminds me of the people who do drugs and act like it's some spiritual awakening.

Khabib might take Tony down in first two and thats a good strat while down - but Khabib won't after that then it's all Tony.

Yea but to think Khabib is going to get up because he is getting elbowed too much is ridiculous
It's exactly why gsp got up.. khabib gnp is more brutal but Tonys elbows are likely much more damaging then bisbing

this is why its so hard to see Tony winning the fight. None of us think he can stop the takedown and keep the fight standing long enough to do anything. So both camps know this and the game plan for both starts from khabib on top....terrible place to start a fight from. Now khabib knows all Tony has is elbows and look for submissions if khabib is reckless. Basically khabibs camp is planing for a conservative, but solid gnp and slowly break him down without risking too much. This makes khabib huge favorite

The guard is the dominate position. Only Casuals and some judges dont know this. Thats why I laugh when ppl say look at lee how easy he took Tony down. And what happened? Lee dieded. Tony standing straight up invited TDs to sub him. Played possum. He even said that what's he was going to do before the fight for Lee talking shit abt 10th planet.

I got Tony on the ground. Cardio. Striking. Basically everywhere.

Last edited:
With a gameplan like that this will look like Cain vs JDS II & III. Tony should be scrambling his ass off in any grappling exchanges making Khabib work for every TD and throwing EVERYTHING at him on the feet. If/when he does get taken down the priority should be to get the fuck up asap and not lay there trying to land elbows from the bottom.

Handing Khabib his primary key to victory is a very bad idea.

From what I've seen, Tony is coming in this with something to prove himself. He feels people have written him off as champion and that he won't keep it. You can see it's lit a fire under his crazed ass.

I'm a fan of neither and it's clear Ferguson has something to prove.

I don't disagree, but don't you think Tony is permanently in the place of having something to prove. It seems to me he has drifted off into delusion. That last fight, man, he's lucky Lee had staff.

That's what I figured his strategy would be and it's not a bad one considering he's going to end up on the mat no matter what.
I partly agree, as you are right, in the fact that if .Castillo wrestle fucked you that Khabib will destroy you. Rather, I think it is a cop out, as the last person on the world that you want to end up on the bottom of is Khabib. The last time a fighter had the plan of surrendering the takedown and fighting from the bottom was when Condit got choked the fuck out at the hands of Maia.

Avoid the Takedown as much as possible, and try to piece Khabib up, and if he hurts Khabib, go for D'arce. Tony has long arms, and needs space to get his subs, and Khabib won't give him any space to do shit.
If you are going to best Khabib, the game plan to follow is Werdum's versus Cain. Sadly for Tony, Khabib is not solely a wrestler only and has a devastating clinch and judo game too.

I don't not know people fully comprehend how good Khabib is yet - thus is the guy that apparently splits rounds with Luke fucking Rockhold in the gym and soars with Cain and DC. Meanwhile, Tony is kicking metal poles, break dancing and is so weird that no team wants him, so he goes trains in seclusion in east bum fuck and gets his ass kicked in every fight, before pulling out a way to win. You can't play tortoise and hair with Khabib as the guy has never even lost a round.

If you are going to best Khabib, the game plan to follow is Werdum's versus Cain. Sadly for Tony, Khabib is not solely a wrestler only and has a devastating clinch and judo game too.

I don't not know people fully comprehend how good Khabib is yet - thus is the guy that apparently splits rounds with Luke fucking Rockhold in the gym and soars with Cain and DC. Meanwhile, Tony is kicking metal poles, break dancing and is so weird that no team wants him, so he goes trains in seclusion in east bum fuck and gets his ass kicked in every fight, before pulling out a way to win. You can't play tortoise and hair with Khabib as the guy has never even lost a round.
Good analysis

One of the main reasons to not concede the td besides being simply much better on the feet,is to make Khabib work for the td's and get tired.Not to mention stuffing a td gives him a better chance to attempt a d'arce,guillotine etc.If he just concedes the td's then it's messing with the outcardio him plan that he should have as part of his gameplan.Tony would be stupid to not fight the td's but idk,that's just my opinion.

Khabib is going to beat the snot our of Ferguson.

Either way, looking so forward to this fight. If one of these fuckers gets hurt or if Khabib misses weight, I'm going to cry.

Back