Road Fc 2017 plans...

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
ROAD%2BFC%2B2017.jpg

ROAD FC will continue to expand into 2017 with an increased number of events planned in three countries. Starting with Xiaomi ROAD FC 036 on February 11 in Seoul, there will be a total of 11 events in South Korea, 4 events in China, and 2 in Japan during 2017.

Throughout the year, special tournaments are planned. First is the succession of Trials for the $1 Million Lightweight Tournament. Next, Girl's Day, an all female fighter card, is planned for March. Also during 2017, the next Openweight Tournament will begin.

$1 Million Lightweight Tournament: "Road to A-Sol"
Xiaomi ROAD FC 036 will kick off the year with the opening round of the International Trials for the $1 Million Lightweight Tournament, "Road to A-Sol". Twenty fighters from Korea, Japan, Brazil, USA, Canada, and Europe will meet in 10 elimination matches.

The winners will progress to the second round of the Trials in April, and the 5 finalists will be seeded in the 16-man opening round of the tournament.

Prior to this, the 4-man 1 night Southeast Asia Trials will be held in the Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) in Manila, Philippines on January 28.

Also in February, the 4-man 1 night Russia Trials will be held in the Far Eastern Modern Pankration Federation (MFP).

In March, the 4-man 1 night Japan Trials will take place in DEEP Fighting Championship.
ROAD%2BFC%2B2017%2BPLAN.jpg

Damn, if I was a fighter not with the UFC, I would try my best to get into that tournament or is it too late?

Interesting schedule, and definitely a step up in number of events from last year.

A few things to note:
1. the locations of the Korea events. All in Seoul, all tentatively scheduled for Jangchun. I imagine some will be changed to the larger capacity Olympic Gymnastics Arena.
2. Rather than spread out to more provincial cities, the four China events are three for Beijing, one for Shanghai. Must be focusing on the big money cities.
3. An all women event. It can't be understated how big this is in a country like Korea.
4. The lightweight US$1000000 tournament. The only time an mma tournament offered that much money, was in a movie.

Really interesting tournament, I hope they get some big names mixed with prospects in there.

Who ever win this tournament, there life will change. 1mill is a lot .

Can't wait for this tournament, hope they get some solid fighters for it.

Watching some replays from the last event in China, and I hope every Chinese event brings back the lady in-ring announcer. She had me cracking up all day. "Now Jim, it's your turn."

If i wasn't in the ufc or a strict contract my ass would be all over the tournament if i was a solid fighter.

Always awesome to hear about more mma and a company doing well

Back