RIZIN FF 5 Attendance: 12,729

It's solid for what was basically a Fight Night card for them. The event last April was only in the 7,000's and last NYE attendance numbers increased from the previous NYE as well.

Also can we quit calling it RIZIN FF 5? It's not even the 5th event so calling it that makes no sense. It's RIZIN 2017 in Yokohama or RIZIN Sakura

It's solid for what was basically a Fight Night card for them. The event last April was only in the 7,000's and last NYE attendance numbers increased from the previous NYE as well.

Also can we quit calling it RIZIN FF 5? It's not even the 5th event so calling it that makes no sense. It's RIZIN 2017 in Yokohama or RIZIN Sakura

Mr.Asurah, this is Rizin's 7th event.
Their April 2016 show is called Rizin.1 (Rizin 3rd show)

Rizin 2: OWGP Opening Round

Rizin 3: OWGP QF Round

Rizin 4: OWGP Finals

Sherdog & Wiki and other mma sources says its RIZIN 5: Sakura.

The way you say it, is like saying Pride only has 34 events and the UFC only has 210. It doesn't makes sense, right?

It is Rizin 5, deal with it ,even if it doesn't makes sense to you.

The way you say it, is like saying Pride only has 34 events and the UFC only has 210. It doesn't makes sense, right?

Except it's not. RIZIN 1 was last April and there hasn't been a 2-4. I trust RIZIN's official releases and promos on this matter over Wikipedia and MMA media

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/ufc-on...highest-earning-sports-event-in-venue-history
It was sold out and was the highest grossing event in arenas history. Rizin is supposed to the biggest show in Japan and they didn't sell out, that venue seats 17 000. That's a lot of empty seats.

It was the highest grossing sporting event in Sprint Center history. That arena has a seating capacity of 18,972, not 12,171 or whatever the UFC sold.

How many companies can sell 10,000 plus seats? UFC, KSW, Bellator, Rizin, and Russia when Fedor fights. WSOF can't get over 6,000

Looks like the fans over there don't care without a plethora of freak fights.

It was the highest grossing sporting event in Sprint Center history. That arena has a seating capacity of 18,972, not 12,171 or whatever the UFC sold.

How many companies can sell 10,000 plus seats? UFC, KSW, Bellator, Rizin, and Russia when Fedor fights. WSOF can't get over 6,000
Sorry I thought it was smaller venue. Rizin puts on a show every 4 months being 5 thousand under capacity just does not stream success to me. UFC runs 40 so it's a bit different IMO.

Or watching a bunch of chick fights and midgets.....kind of like PRIDE Bushido for the latter -- which is why DSE got rid of it.

Except it's not. RIZIN 1 was last April and there hasn't been a 2-4. I trust RIZIN's official releases and promos on this matter over Wikipedia and MMA media
Blah Blah, fine i respect your opinion.

King Reina vs Jazzy was the only freakshow fight. It was not like Hong-Man Choi was on the card.

Sorry I thought it was smaller venue. Rizin puts on a show every 4 months being 5 thousand under capacity just does not stream success to me. UFC runs 40 so it's a bit different IMO.

Ufc had the better draws which means highers purses. Might Mouse over 200k, Jacare/Roy Nelson/Stephens over 100k, Reis/Whittaker over 50k. They still sold less tickets with way higher fighter costs.

It is different landscape in Japan and Rizin isn't at the level Pride. It will never be. Let's just look at the numbers of past Pride Yokohama events.

Pride 6: 12,580 Kerr vs Takada, Sakuraba, Naoya Ogawa
Pride 7: 10,031 Sakuraba
Pride 14: 15,326 Fujita vs Takayama, Igor, Wanderlei, Hendo, Belfort, Goodridge, Liddell
Pride 20: 18,926 Wanderlei vs Henderson, Rampage, Early Bob Sapp
Pride 25: 19,247 Fedor vs Big Nog, Sakuraba, Lil Nog, Dan Henderson, Rampage
Pride 26: 17,187 Fedor, Cro Cop, Rampage, Coleman
Pride Bushido 3: 14,536 Gomi, Cro Cop
Pride Bushido 6: 8,000 Fedor
Pride Bushido 13: 8,000 Gomi

Blah Blah, fine i respect your opinion.
I mean it's not an opinion, show me where RIZIN themselves ever referred to the event as RIZIN FF 5. Doing this will just make it confusing if they do more numerical event names in the future

Very good attendance. Managing to double their audience over a year (AFAIK last year's April event did something like 6300 paid) without any really big names (except their selfmade ones) seems to indicate that they are continuing to grow a core audience that has a legitimate interest in their style of MMA.

I'm actually happy for Rizin. Lets hope they rise even higher.

Don stare.gif

Or watching a bunch of chick fights and midgets.....kind of like PRIDE Bushido for the latter -- which is why DSE got rid of it.

Funny, I didn't realize Japanese people are supposed to have the mentality of neck bearded Sherdoggers.

Back