RIZIN 11 ratings are in.......

I'm having a great time with Rizin, so if it needs to bring in some Sumo wrestlers from time to time I'll deal with it. For me though I watch because of Horiguchi, Kanna, Tenshin, Yachi etc. Plus the production value and sherdog conversation.
For me it is just an all around better experience. It always has been, any Japanese promotion. They seem to focus on the fighters much more than the promotion itself, make them into people you care about. The pageantry, the production, everything about it fits into what I want as a fan. Pride, Dream, Sengoku, Hero*s, Rizin...they just have a way about them that gets me excited. Of course I want to see game fighters like the names you listed, but I'm down for a freak show too. Whatever helps it survive.

I really don't get how you don't make the obvious decision to put Gomi vs Guillard on the live broadcast. You've got 120 minutes to fill and that fight was never getting out of the first round. Gomi got an emphatic win and the crowd went nuclear. Hard to imagine it had nearly the same amount of impact when everyone knew it was pre-taped. With social media there is really no use for watching sports that aren't live.
Agree, seems like a no brainer, since he is very well known.

I have to watch these cards live. Not only bc it truly does lose the dramatic angle when you're watching it after the fact, but, like you said, it is hard not to be spoiled out of results by the internet. You can't even come here without being spoiled by a thread title. Gotta pull an all nighter when JMMA is on.

Just wish they'd ditch the damn intermissions so the cards aren't almost seven hours long...we lost a ton of posters in the PBP thread the other night before the main event with that fucking hour intermission.

Hopefully we get Crocop/Jiri in September.

Rizin needs to do what Pride used to do, and get a mainstream star to suck it up and fight. They always made ratings off of people like Sapp, Ologun, Okebono. Guys that were not just fighters or athletes, but legit stars.

Is this Sumo guy from the other night a star? The one who announced that he's fighting? I know that sumo is a huge deal there, maybe if this guy is well known enough he can pull in some ratings. Hopefully he fights better than that Mongolian sumo disgrace from the other night.
How about Norika Fujiwara vs Eiko Koike? Battle of the big titties.

For me it is just an all around better experience. It always has been, any Japanese promotion. They seem to focus on the fighters much more than the promotion itself, make them into people you care about. The pageantry, the production, everything about it fits into what I want as a fan. Pride, Dream, Sengoku, Hero*s, Rizin...they just have a way about them that gets me excited. Of course I want to see game fighters like the names you listed, but I'm down for a freak show too. Whatever helps it survive.
They have the "tada!" factor where you feel like you're watching something special, watching the best fighters from around the world. It's the intro stage lineup, it's the classy music, it's the flashing lights, it's the HL reel intro videos.

How about Norika Fujiwara vs Eiko Koike? Battle of the big titties.
We might see Big Nog crying in the crowd for that one.

Idk if they can fight a lick, but I'd watch and wait for a Miyuu to happen.

We might see Big Nog crying in the crowd for that one.

Idk if they can fight a lick, but I'd watch and wait for a Miyuu to happen.
Japan is known to show uncensored bare boobs and buns on TV.

They have the "tada!" factor where you feel like you're watching something special, watching the best fighters from around the world. It's the intro stage lineup, it's the classy music, it's the flashing lights, it's the HL reel intro videos.
They make fucking Daron Cruickshank seem like a big deal. An also-ran from the UFC, they make him seem like a big deal, and it almost seems to give him the confidence to go out and kick the living fuck out of people, and I love it. They have random Japanese fighters I've never heard of on that stage, and i become interested. It's crazy how they're able to do that shit.

But, they find legit talent too. They aren't always top tier in the end, but serviceable fighters who are exciting. Re: Zaromskis

Last edited:
They make fucking Daron Cruickshank seem like a big deal. And also-ran from the UFC, they make him seem like a big deal, and it almost seems to give him the confidence to go out and kick the living fuck out of people, and I love it. They have random Japanese fighters I've never heard of on that stage, and i become interested. It's crazy how they're able to do that shit.

But, they find legit talent too. They aren't always top tier in the end, but serviceable fighters who are exciting. Re: Zaromskis
When I used to rent Sengoku DVDs, they'd have Fabio Silva fighting, and show highlights of Wanderlei Silva for some reason.

When I used to rent Sengoku DVDs, they'd have Fabio Silva fighting, and show highlights of Wanderlei Silva for some reason.
Lol...

Lost in translation I suppose...or a tactic to further the impression that Fabio is a world beater. I don't remember this, but I'm not surprised and got a chuckle from it.

Lol...

Lost in translation I suppose...or a tactic to further the impression that Fabio is a world beater. I don't remember this, but I'm not surprised and got a chuckle from it.
Hahaha i remember that guy

I think the idea was that he was from chute boxe and looked and fought like Wand

Spoiler: he didn't

Honestly they need to make the cards more top heavy. Start cutting the pay of the lower fighters and use it to hire bigger names.

I wish that they could just get some Super Rich Japanese investor to back them and just buy the Pride name and fight library back.

Back