RIZIN.11: July 29th 2:00 AM EST - Live PBP Discussion Thread

Wrong. Some of you will latch onto anything. It's quite sad.
I didnt see the first three fights but i found the rest really entertaining. Gomi vs Guillard was a real slobber knocker as was Prozachs match. Co-main and main event were more technical matches but filled with action and excitement. It was a great event. Youre a hater

How was the main event?
Surprisingly better than I thought it was gonna be. I'm not a huge Zeus fan but he had a good match. Kento was Kento. Damn solid worker.

Jun and Nagata also looked awesome too!

Last edited:
Wrong. Some of you will latch onto anything. It's quite sad.

There were definitely some exciting fights on this card. Maybe they dont have top 5 implications anywhere but def was a decent card.

Generally signs of affection aren't displayed out in public in Japan. You usually won't really find couples kissing out where others can see
I respect that about the Japs. I think the Chinese are similar too.
When couples are slobbering over each other in public, the first thing I think of is they wont last long together. It's all a big show.

I didnt see the first three fights but i found the rest really entertaining. Gomi vs Guillard was a real slobber knocker as was Prozachs match. Co-main and main event were more technical matches but filled with action and excitement. It was a great event. Youre a hater
If you can find Topnoi Thanongsaklek vs. Tadaaki Yamamoto watch it. For the short time it lasted it was insanity.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Some more random GIFs. Was a memorable event.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
nice.

i forgot all about that guy, but i was trying to find this fight for ages with no success:

(shoutout to amateur sumo legend Byamba moonlighting as a translator.)

This is the first time hearing someone speak Mongorean. It sounds so much like Korean but it’s not. Weird.

I just hate shit. Sue me.

Entertaining card. Was too late for me to stay up all night to watch the second half, but was enjoyable.

Fun night. Didn't watch it live tho (which prolly good with all the time between fights).

Gomi looked suspect , his arms and chest looked more defined and a bit bigger, maybe natural ?

We had crazy forest fires here in northern california, knocjed out the electricity. Bummed I didnt get to watch it with yall live. Loved the event, better than I thought it would be.Thankful for rizin events.

MMA Math Inbound.

:rolleyes:

This is Minna Grusander's record and it looks very comparable to Rena's. If she is top ten than Rena is top ten. .

View attachment 413325 .[/QUOTE]

Grusander fought entirely at strawweight before entering Invicta, FYI. I'm constantly being reminded by @Eater of Souls that wins in a higher weight division count in rankings when moving down a weight class.

Frey's third best win is Grusander right behind Cummins and Tiburcio. Tiburcio is the best win if you compare the records of Frey, Grusander, Asakura and Rena. Asakura's win over Saori Ishioka would be Frey's second best win. Sylwia Juśkiewicz and Brazilian Can Crusher are other good wins for Asakura. The Brazilian Can Crusher bypassed Invicta and went straight to UFC Brazil Contender Series.

Just because she got picked up for the contender series, means nothing. She could very well be the one brought in to lose. Not to mention, they confined the search to one country, which left for slimmer pickings.

I hope they have a framed photo of Seo Hee Ham here for the winner to hold up.

You mean so they could beg for the privilege of fighting the well rounded #1 atomweight in the world?

After watching that fight, Ham beat both, though Rena would give her more trouble as they both have the striking base. Asakura looked more like a 20 year old version of Mina Kurobe, who Ham already beat: almost no striking, good, but not unbeatable takedowns.

I think that Asakura's and Nasakawa's relationship is for show. Tenshin hugged her like she was a bro lmao.

I had made a joke in an earlier thread about how they're both just androgynous enough for each other.

Last edited:
Back