Rivera Vs almdieda

imbossing

mma judging
Banned
Reaction score
Damn I did not know this fight was going to happen. It's a pretty good fight between two young prospects that have two great records 40 wins combined only two losses between them that's pretty high-level fighting. I hope we see a good fight and I think we'll see a good fight.

Almeida he's a good fighter with good kicks and ground game , his head movement is not that good and I see him coming out very tentative and trying not to fight. He would need to get the fight to the ground and try to submit Rivera, or work Rivera on the fence with knees and elbows.

Rivera he's a good fighter and when he fought Urijah Faber it was a good fight but then he was fighting with one eye so I do give him a reason why he didn't engage on Urijah Faber. Rivera needs to get in close with head movment and take shots to Almedas body
If Rivera comes out aggressive I see him tko Almieda.

Almeida fights with all offense and no defense.

Rivera fights with mostly defense, looking to counter and land pot shots from the outside, with little offense.

When those 2 styles collide it's usually the guy on defense that wins.

Almeida also isn't taking this fight to the ground. His bread and butter is MT.

And Rivera ain't no damn prospect. He's like 35.

almdieda

200.gif

Main fight I am looking forward to, want Almeida to win because he is way more fun to watch, but I'm pretty sure Rivera wins this. Only BWs that I think will beat Rivera are Cody, Cruz, TJ, and Dodson.

I don't see Rivera having any problems in this fight. Almeida's good, but he's not on Jimmy's level right now.

On paper this matchup favors Rivera, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Thominhas take this, he's a non stop pressure fighter and could outpoint Rivera. Should be a good fight eithe r way, Almeida is incapable of boring fights

It´s one of the best fights this year, so far.
Almeida will show everyone how good he truly is.

Excellent match-making, imo.

Back