Movies RIP Dabney Coleman

Highway99

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The prolific and terrific character actor was 92.

iu

RIP. Epic actor. He was great in whatever he was in, but I most remember him effectively playing sleazy characters. And I don’t just mean 9 to 5 and Tootsie. Even something as family oriented as The Muppets Take Manattan- hilarious cameo at the beginning as a producer looking to rip them off.

I also get a laugh thinking about Elaine Benes wanting to see the fake film Sack Lunch, starring Coleman, instead of The English Patient.

RIP. Epic actor. He was great in whatever he was in, but I most remember him effectively playing sleazy characters. And I don’t just mean 9 to 5 and Tootsie. Even something as family oriented as The Muppets Take Manattan- hilarious cameo at the beginning as a producer looking to rip them off.

I also get a laugh thinking about Elaine Benes wanting to see the fake film Sack Lunch, starring Coleman, instead of The English Patient.

He was definitely always solid sir.

Consistently great. He could do comedy like in Clifford (and most of his roles) or a great dad role like in Cloak and Dagger. At least Dabney and Roger Corman passed peacefully in their 90's and lead full lives. Rest in peace.

Dabney Coleman had the rare quality of buffoon seriousness.

I am familiar with him specifically, as 9 to 5 was my favorite movie for a time. That movie was produced around the late 70's and early 80's. Peak Dabney Coleman era.

Some of his first tv appearances were on bangers like The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, The Outer Limits, The Fugitive, I Dream of Jeannie.

Midway, On Golden Pond, North Dallas Forty, The Trouble with Girls, Melvin and Howard, WarGames. That is but the tip of the iceberg. There are hidden gems in his filmography.