Rio de Janeiro's Main Drug Testing Lab Suspended by WADA

What is this from?

CheapHighlevelJabiru.gif

For bonus fun, watch Mighty Mouse, Bruce Buffer and Jo Jed's reactions

Personally, I'm kinda shocked that a drug testing facility in Brazil was considered not up to snuff.

Shocked I tell ya.

its actually a brand new state of the art lab.

the old lab lost its accreditation because of a mix of old equipment, lack of staff and crappy procedures. They built a brand new state of the art lab and employed a ton of new staff...

so actually, its got nothing to do with "Brazil" being whatever you insinuate..

Unfortunately, with all these new staff, they forgot to train them :D

As for the lab... well, let's just say that I'm not surprised, motherfuckers.

I guess allowing Jose Aldo (or any fighter) to throw out his own urine sample during a random test is NOT considered 'procedure', then ... ?

thats got absolutely nothing to do with the Rio lab, nothing whatsoever.

Had reported this thread for basically insinuations about Brazil, implying a dodgy doping culture etc (and having nothing to do with the UFC....

And then realised the thread was started by a senior mod.. go figure.

Do we have a thread for the Moscow lab being suspended, the Lisbon lab being suspended, and how about some actual facts about the lab, the suspension etc...

This does have potential olympics implications, I'd say. They're only a month away now, and this? This whole 2016 Olympics situation is going to be a disaster.

thats got fuck all to do with brazilian culture, or a culture of doping in brazil etc..

Do you even know why it was suspended?

Not for covering up positives, or missing positives, but for finding people positive that Werent!

Do we have a thread for the Moscow lab being suspended

Hey, if you want to talk about Fedor's last decision being signed into law by Putin, I'm all ears.

And I'm a Fedor = GOAT guy.

This does have potential olympics implications, I'd say. They're only a month away now, and this? This whole 2016 Olympics situation is going to be a disaster.

not really.

The DCO's (doping control officers) are not associated to the lab, they are all good to go. Just means logistically they will have to fly samples to either Switzerland, USA or Colombia.

Its a financial burden on the IOC, but its not a big problem, contingency's already there and they already had to do this during the world cup

Hey, if you want to talk about Fedor's last decision being signed into law by Putin, I'm all ears.

And I'm a Fedor = GOAT guy.

the thread is basically blatent brazil bashing, with no details about the suspension, no background, just a shit load of inuendo.

And you are supposed to be a mod?

Joke

The DCO's (doping control officers) are not associated to the lab, they are all good to go. Just means logistically they will have to fly samples to either Switzerland, USA or Colombia.
You don't see that as problematic? Boy, you're feisty today. Flying testing samples from the Olympics to other countries because the testing site inside the host country is having problems?

Had reported this thread for basically insinuations about Brazil, implying a dodgy doping culture etc (and having nothing to do with the UFC....

And then realised the thread was started by a senior mod.. go figure.

Do we have a thread for the Moscow lab being suspended, the Lisbon lab being suspended, and how about some actual facts about the lab, the suspension etc...

You're free to start those threads.

Back