Ringworm

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone else have ringworm that just won’t go away?

It’s been 2 weeks now and it’s only getting worse.
I have both prescription nystatin + triamcinolone and also lotrimin ultra (butenafine)
And nothing is working. I don’t fuck with lamisil cuz only people out of the loop think that shit works.

Anyway I’m stumped… I guess I just have to try and apply 5 times a day

Huh. I wonder if...ChatGPT could help. It actually helped me figure out why I could not urinate, when urologists had no clue.

Anyone else have ringworm that just won’t go away?

It’s been 2 weeks now and it’s only getting worse.
I have both prescription nystatin + triamcinolone and also lotrimin ultra (butenafine)
And nothing is working. I don’t fuck with lamisil cuz only people out of the loop think that shit works.

Anyway I’m stumped… I guess I just have to try and apply 5 times a day

Where is it on your body? I've had it on my arms, legs, feet and junk. OTC anti-fungals like Lotrimin ultra always worked for me but the only time it didn't was when I had it on my thumb and it got under the nail and the skin next to it was cracked. That shit would not go away for like a year until by chance I shampooed my hair with Head & Shoulders when I stayed at a friend's house for a few days, and it seemed to help (because I was also "shampooing" my fingers). When I got home I got a bottle of H&S and rubbed shampoo into my thumb and left it wet for a few minutes twice a day. Cleared it up in a week and never came back. I did the same thing a few years later when the fungus came back in that nail and it worked again.

Huh. I wonder if...ChatGPT could help. It actually helped me figure out why I could not urinate, when urologists had no clue.
That’s amazing.. what turned out to be the issue?

Where is it on your body? I've had it on my arms, legs, feet and junk. OTC anti-fungals like Lotrimin ultra always worked for me but the only time it didn't was when I had it on my thumb and it got under the nail and the skin next to it was cracked. That shit would not go away for like a year until by chance I shampooed my hair with Head & Shoulders when I stayed at a friend's house for a few days, and it seemed to help (because I was also "shampooing" my fingers). When I got home I got a bottle of H&S and rubbed shampoo into my thumb and left it wet for a few minutes twice a day. Cleared it up in a week and never came back. I did the same thing a few years later when the fungus came back in that nail and it worked again.
Just the inside part of my forearm. It’s frickin growing

That’s amazing.. what turned out to be the issue?

Too much caffeine, not enough water, too low of a bodyfat, basically. My body was dried out, meanwhile the caffeine from pre-workouts and such made my body want to urinate even though there was pretty much nothing to piss out, resulting in burning sensations and pain and difficulty urinating. Basically, the key was drinking more water and less caffeine.

You need to kill off the fungus and let the skin dry out - which I realize is hard when you live on a tropical island that's 80 degrees and humid year round and you train all the time. I would try rubbing some H&S dandruff shampoo on the spot with water and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off, and do that at least twice/day on top of your antifungals. Doing that helped me with my thumb nail skin cracking and also reduced my athletes foot when I started shampooing my feet in the shower. I know it sounds ridiculous but it worked for me.

Try the Salicylic acid. It's what they use to kill fungus and whatever is in your skin. I don't think you need a prescription to buy this one.

I used to live next to a bjj instructor and he said that switching to an organic diet really did the trick.

You need to kill off the fungus and let the skin dry out - which I realize is hard when you live on a tropical island that's 80 degrees and humid year round and you train all the time. I would try rubbing some H&S dandruff shampoo on the spot with water and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off, and do that at least twice/day on top of your antifungals. Doing that helped me with my thumb nail skin cracking and also reduced my athletes foot when I started shampooing my feet in the shower. I know it sounds ridiculous but it worked for me.
What do you think is the ingredient in head and shoulders that does that?
Try the Salicylic acid. It's what they use to kill fungus and whatever is in your skin. I don't think you need a prescription to buy this one.
That sounds like it would dry the shit out of it. I might get that

I'm lucky in that I do t much experience with ringworm but a dude at my gym swears by spraying it with strong athlete foot spray

I've had ringworm twice. The only thing that worked for me was undiluted bleach. It left a scar both times though.

what do you mean by that?

my skin is a magnet for ringworm. anyone with it as much as walks by our gym and i get it. must've had it fucking dozens of times... and every single time lamisil has cleared it up in 5 days.

Too much caffeine, not enough water, too low of a bodyfat, basically. My body was dried out, meanwhile the caffeine from pre-workouts and such made my body want to urinate even though there was pretty much nothing to piss out, resulting in burning sensations and pain and difficulty urinating. Basically, the key was drinking more water and less caffeine.
i'm glad you got it sorted out, but you might want to change your urologist if they couldn't figure out that the reason you couldn't piss is because you didn't drink enough.

please, for the love of all that is holy, don't rely on chatGPT for medical advice.

what do you mean by that?

my skin is a magnet for ringworm. anyone with it as much as walks by our gym and i get it. must've had it fucking dozens of times... and every single time lamisil has cleared it up in 5 days.
I was exaggerating. Lamisil works but butenafine and nystatin are way stronger. People who claim lamisil is the best just don’t know

Lamisil works but butenafine and nystatin are way stronger. People who claim lamisil is the best just don’t know
fair enough, i can't comment on what's best since i've only ever used lamisil and canesten, but both contain terbinafine chloride. once the fucker was on my neck and spread onto my scalp, i had to take systemic antimicotics in pill form, which were again lamisil.

i've had ringworm on arms, leg, torso... every time got cleared up double quick by lamisil. after 72 hours of applying it 3 or 4 times a day, it's no longer active. keep going for cca 10 days and it's long gone. if you're using something that's supposedly much stronger than lamisil and it's not having any effect after 2 weeks, then you should see a dermatologist.

have you used anything silly on it, like corticosteroids? something that would suppress the immune response? because in that case, the shit will burrow deeper into your skin and creams won't solve your problem. you'll need pills. if you didn't, then it might be something other than a fungal infection and you should seriously talk to a doctor.

If you buy yeast infection cream, it's got a higher concentration of anti-fungal than even prescription based anti-athlete's foot/ringworm cream. GET IT.

Also, use Selsun Blue shampoo as a body wash. It's active ingredient is a very goof anti-fungal.

I'll leave this here for you, TS.

Morrison: "I want out of my contract!"

Record Label: "No, you have one more album that you are contractually obligated to record for us."

Morrison: "Hold my beer, I'll record 22 songs off the top of my head. By the time I'm done, the beer will still be cold."

Back