Ridiculous things bodybuilders say when you invite them on the mat

I think you meant to post this on Reddit.

Body builder? I've had a power lifter curl one of the smaller guys at the gym when he was being arm barred. He didn't say anything crazy though.

I had a real muscled up dude say guillotines don't work on him one time. Like "yeah, I just pop out of em. I'm like an escape artist."

if you get me in an arm bar ill pick you up and curl you. I think fedor did that actually lol

Invited a bodybuilding friend in college to jiu-jitsu rolling sessions.

He came along and liked it and is now a jiu-jitsu fanatic.

Body builder? I've had a power lifter curl one of the smaller guys at the gym when he was being arm barred. He didn't say anything crazy though.

I saw that at the first amateur MMA show I ever watched. This dude was in a fully extended arm bar with a leg over his face and torso. He used one arm to help stand up and literally picked the dude up and curled him with one arm. It was some shit I haven't seen since. The guy performing the armbar was hanging off of him in the air until he had to jump down.

Not a bodybuilder per se, but Chris Brennan has an insane story about rolling with Quentin Rampage Jackson. Caught Rampage in an armbar and Rampage stood up and held Chris above his head in the armbar. Didn't slam him because they were sparring. Say what you want, strength is important!!

Not a bodybuilder per se, but Chris Brennan has an insane story about rolling with Quentin Rampage Jackson. Caught Rampage in an armbar and Rampage stood up and held Chris above his head in the armbar. Didn't slam him because they were sparring. Say what you want, strength is important!!

Rafa Mendes would have had him :p

Rafa Mendes would have had him :p
there def is a point where a man is so strong compared to his opponent that an armbar won't work. which is why chokes are more effective when it comes to fighting larger /stronger opponents

Last edited:
"That gay shit would never work on me"

there def is a point where a man is so strong compared to his opponent that an armor won't work. which is why chokes are more effective when it comes to fighting larger /stronger opponents
Marcelo armbarred arlovski. Yeah there's a point but it's way more uncommon then people think. These guys getting "curled" at am my shows probably have shit technique

Marcelo armbarred arlovski. Yeah there's a point but it's way more uncommon then people think. These guys getting "curled" at am my shows probably have shit technique
Do u think caio terra could armbar prime bob sapp

It's not impressive, nor does it require a lot of strength to do. Chris allowed it because there was no slamming allowed.

Back