Riddle me this, how is rolling over and giving up your back in less than 5 seconds.......

I ain't riddlin' ya nothin', 'cause you're not the boss of me.
<Moves>

Conor should’ve stayed on his back with Nate smashing his face instead!

You all talk about BJJ but clearly know fuck all about it. Nate even said Conor was doing everything right, but he (Nate) knew how to defend conors escape attempts. Every single one of them. I bet most of you silly mofos can’t explain why Conor ended up rolling to his right instead of his left like he originally tried to do.

A lot more happened in those few seconds than most realize. It’s not hard to watch a little closer. Nate beat him on the ground the way he did not because conors so bad here, but because Nate’s so good there. One of the best BJJ guys in UFC history.

Can’t win them all. Please continue ignoring all his high level wins. Make excuses. Continue the bullshit. Conor tapped quickly because he was tired as fuck, and because he knew he was not getting out of that choke.

Last edited:
Fedor gave up his back to Bigfoot a couple times (to similarly stop the gnp he was absorbing), who couldn’t secure the RNC.
...and he actually fought his way out of the mount to lock in a heel hook that Silva, apparently, couldn't feel. People forget that they stopped the fight because of the swollen eye. What would have happened in the third round? Who knows but Fedor was still game, I just don't know if he could have enjoyed the victory with "one freakin' eye".

...and he actually fought his way out of the mount to lock in a heel hook that Silva, apparently, couldn't feel. People forget that they stopped the fight because of the swollen eye. What would have happened in the third round? Who knows but Fedor was still game, I just don't know if he could have enjoyed the victory with "one freakin' eye".
He fought out because Bigfoot didn’t lock in a rnc.

What would have happened if herring was allowed to continue against fedor??

Conor took the easy way out. Panic wrestled and chose to get choked rather than KO'd. p

I dislike Conor very much but let's keep our head on straight, he was overwhelmed and survival instinct kicked in, I don't think he chose to go out that way, it just happened.

Mcnumbnuts got hurt by a 1 2 and instead of going out on his shield he panic wrestled like a bitch(his own words).

He can dish it out but can't take it.

Thought this was going to be a Matt Riddle comeback thread for a second

One guy was tree times his size when he locked in the rnc.

The other guy tapped to strikes to a midget.

Its a job. No problem with either.

Fedor gave up his back to Bigfoot a couple times (to similarly stop the gnp he was absorbing), who couldn’t secure the RNC.

He waa trying to get out the back. He used the same escape in PRIDE before.

You are making the mistake of forgetting that Conor was rocked before the submission. It wasn’t really how you described it. Conor was concussed with strikes, Nate pounced, rained down a couple shots on an already concussed Conor until giving his back became a better option. Look I’m not a Conor fan. I just hate the idea that tapping to strikes makes you somehow less of a fighter. Especially considering the majority of examples involve a concussed fighter. Nobody knows how they’ll react concussed until it happens.

Some fighters can also take a lot of hits without being knocked out, not much point just taking punishment and ruining your career just to satisfy fans. Most fighters know when they are done, rest up and come back harder the next time.

Conor has been very vocal about being aware of the damage he is receiving while fighting as a career, it was a fight that also didn't have a belt on the line. I still remember Anthony Perosh getting hit 70 times with many of those against the cage and mounted, there was no real defence from him apart from his ability to not go to sleep and as a Hippo fan I was hoping he would tap, ref to stop it or get KO to avoid further punishment.. Likewise Maldonado vs Teixeira (85 strikes and only one of those to the body before the ref called it off).

Thats exactly the point i was trying to make
You are making the mistake of forgetting that Conor was rocked before the submission. It wasn’t really how you described it. Conor was concussed with strikes, Nate pounced, rained down a couple shots on an already concussed Conor until giving his back became a better option. Look I’m not a Conor fan. I just hate the idea that tapping to strikes makes you somehow less of a fighter. Especially considering the majority of examples involve a concussed fighter. Nobody knows how they’ll react concussed until it happens.[/QU
Thats ecactly the point i was trying to make

Riddle me this

Cq4WbOjW8AAAHiR.jpg

Then immediately tapping to a rear naked choke one iota better than tapping to strikes?

He almost passed Nate's guard who was able to trap Conor's leg at the right time and threatened with a guillotine so Conor had to "roll over". If Conor wanted to take the easy way out like people said Diaz would have tapped him with a guillotine.

They're the same thing. When you're looking for a way out, you are submitting. It's like accepting death.

He almost passed Nate's guard who was able to trap Conor's leg at the right time and threatened with a guillotine so Conor had to "roll over". If Conor wanted to take the easy way out like people said Diaz would have tapped him with a guillotine.
Lol @ almost passed nates guard.

Tapping to strikes will always have a stigma attached to it. It's been argued to death on the forum for years, is what it is.

You can weather the storm of strikes. I mean we've all seen fighters getting completely destroyed in striking department make a comeback. In striking, there is a way out if you can persevere.

There isn't really a way out of a locked submissions. In a secured submission, you either got put to sleep or get your ligaments popped.

I'll go one further, shooting for the takedown was him basically saying "finish me"

He was beyond done at that point.

5-5 (in his last 10) whooped his ass good and proper.

Back