Rickson online self defense videos is up for preorder

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by spiderguarda, Feb 8, 2018.

1. spiderguarda

spiderguarda Orange Belt

https://www.gallerr.com/academy/rickson-gracie/self-defense-unit

The page does has a video clip showing him doing the classic closed guard pass using a knee in the butt. It’s in slo motion so it’s odd looking. Rickson doesn’t even use grips at times. I would prefer DVDs. It looks like the first unit are mainly self defense GJJ stuff. Interesting thing is that it claims there’s a under stress or actual use and some directions on application in an actual scenario.

I was very interested in his self defense or vale tudo guard and he actually demonstrates it in one of the recorded seminars that’s on YouTube. It’s sort of a knee shield guard with the left leg acting as a shield and left hand trapping or controlling the right passer’s arm while the right leg is bent with knee pointing to the mat and the foot is on the passer’s left hip.

2. Gandhi

Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

All heapect to the legend but I think i am gonna pass on this one.

KikoJones and vcmmafan like this.
  3. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

I could not find a price for the pre order

4. zapola

zapola White Belt

It's $60 then a $30 discount, so total $30. After you give your email address, it takes you to the order page.

lechien likes this.
  5. GordoBarraBJJ

GordoBarraBJJ Yellow Card Yellow Card

Hmm, maybe.

would be interesting.

6. yetanother

yetanother Brown Belt

Finally video evidence that the rickson myth is 100% retarded bullshit.

7. listrahtes

listrahtes Brown Belt

Its funny how Gracies promoted a ground fighting art for self defense and the mass eats it up. Even saw a Renzo video once against firearms were he magically disarmed the opponent and instantly jumped on his own back<Lmaoo>as a defensive position.

Gracies had macho contests at the beach and 1 on one style meets style fights back then and bjj was great for that. But for pure self defense please learn something else.

Could write down many arguments but anyone who has been in these situations knows it.

8. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Purple Belt

thats quite wrong tbh relson has the best self defense of all gracies he modded alot of what his dad showed theres a huge difference in how relson does things and the rest of them

sadly the older he gets hes much less and less about competition jiu jitsu andself defense but the mans a genius there ask anyone whos been to a seminar or trains with him you wont get a single complaint i promise you

9. 007

007 License to Kill

went to his seminar last year. great time

10. yetanother

yetanother Brown Belt

How so the seminars on youtube are worthless crap? Rickson is only a genious at parting fools from their money.

11. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Purple Belt

there shouldnt be any seminar son youtube relsons very against filming any seminar he does he tells people to not film it he teaches totally different if theres guys at a seminar that arnt under him

alot of older school guys have moves they feel they want kept secret braulio does this too one of his bbs told me he doesnt show certain stuff unless you been under him a long time

12. yetanother

yetanother Brown Belt

Sorry, misread him as rickson.