Movies Ribcage grabs in movies?

Patrick Jane

美猴王
@red
Reaction score
When i first watched Missing in Action 2, i was a bit baffled at a move Chuck Norris did in the final fight scene against Soon-tek Oh. He punched him in the gut and then grabbed him under the ribs and squeezed them. I always thought it was just some bizarre idiosyncrasy of the film, but then i saw it happening again in Blood In Blood Out.

Does any of you know where this move originates? Is it a real technique or just fiction? Do you know any other examples of it?

Timestamped:

I don t think one could consistently pull it off. You would need special hand training, specific technique, a very soft belly and first and foremost, an apanyent who cannot take a step back. No i don t see this happening.

Fucking Bonafide…
e6caec4224c9f984691bcbc59f714676.jpg

And then this motherfucker appear
011kiba.png

main-qimg-452059201514314083e6da1d58a99deb-lq

main-qimg-b4d9b520dd126fc063c861c3d9351d8f-lq

Just think about how hard it is to actually hit someone in the body in a real fight. Then imagine how hard it would be to grab them in a specific spot just under their rib cage.

I’m sure if the opportunity presented itself, you might be able to pull it off. But it’s like eye gouging, biting, etc. You’re going to be in a much better position to do it if you just train tried and true techniques for self defense.

For instance, eye gouging someone could work. But if the other guy has you in full mount because he was training BJJ while you were perfecting your eye gouge technique, he’s going to be able to sue gouge the shit out of you. You won’t be able to do shit.

Lmao at this “technique.” Would never work against someone jacked/cut like myself.

Back