Rewatch Rewatched Lawler VS Condit

I had Condit winning 3-2 at the time. Not watched it since.

of course condit won. sucks because condit never got a belt, despite being champ caliber for years. i’m a fan of both these guys, so i guess it’s a bittersweet result either way.

Yes but not consistent in the UFC especially his back half career. In the WEC and before he earned that NBK moniker no doubt. Im a big fan of his but that stopping power faded alot in the big show

His finishing ability didn't fade in the big show, the level of competition went up. And still has a number of classic finishes in the UFC. Condit was as lethal of a finisher as anyone up until after the Robbie fight. Then he was officially out of his prime.

is this the rounds 1, 2, 5 condit fight? i remember some controversies with the decision, i'd have to re-watch it. i think the UFC/judges should have gave it to him at some point though. he was a likable fighter, brought it everytime, definitely respected prime carlos condit. you knew whoever he was fighting was in for a tough ass fight. it wasn't going to be easy at all.

is this the rounds 1, 2, 5 condit fight? i remember some controversies with the decision, i'd have to re-watch it. i think the UFC/judges should have gave it to him at some point though. he was a likable fighter, brought it everytime, definitely respected prime carlos condit. you knew whoever he was fighting was in for a tough ass fight. it wasn't going to be easy at all.

1,2,5 was the argument for Diaz in Diaz-Condit.

In Lawler-Condit, most people had Condit up on the cards going into the fifth. The fifth round was unbelievable, especially the last two or three minutes. Robbie was destroying him for a while and somehow Condit wouldn't go down. They were barely able to stand towards the end of the fight.

166_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Carlos_Condit.0.jpg

Yes but not consistent in the UFC especially his back half career. In the WEC and before he earned that NBK moniker no doubt. Im a big fan of his but that stopping power faded alot in the big show
If anything he kept his power but his ground game began to wane IMO. We no longer really saw him go for submissions, just trying to throw shots frm guard. I will say that after his fight with Lawler, everything faded after that. No killer instinct, no hunger, same basic combinations. I do agree on that.

That canned response leads me to believe you went on the internet and jerked off to a guy who is really skilled at make up, but you busted a nut before realizing it was a trap and are bitter about it.

None of us even knew about it until now. It's still not a big deal, homie. No need to project...
Are you a wizard?

There is no way Robbie Lawler won this fight Condit should have won 48-47 an all time great fight and it’s my favourite fight of all time but Lawlers title run should have ended that night

Round 1 goes to Condit a lot of output lands way more then Lawler

10-9 Condit

Round 2 goes to Robbie Lawler he clips Condit on the feet and starts to wrestle him

10-9 Lawler

Round 3 goes to Condit same as round 1 he just lands way more significant strikes

10-9 Condit

Round 4 same as before Condit took this round as well

10-9 Condit

Round 5 goes to Lawler, 5th round Robbie Lawler as they say he clobbers Carlos towards the end

10-9 Lawler

Overall

48-47 Condit, judges did not get this correct

They never recovered from the damage they took in that fight. Condit should have got the nod 48-47. Hell of a fight.

Yes, nobody lost that fight...except the guy who lost that fight and would never become UFC champion because of it, nor get the subsequent championship defense pay day.

Yep, Condit lost nothing at all from that decision.

Nobody lost….except the guy that lost.

<36>

I thought Condit won but I don't recall it being a robbery.

There is no argument Lawler won this fight other than having no fucking clue what you're watching

It's unquestionably the biggest robbery in UFC title fight history. I think Lawler only won round 5.

Condit has the greatest WW chin of all time. Surviving inhuman shots in the 5th without being dropped even once, and never knocked out cold in his entire career of 51 pro fights.

Condit, like Robbie, ALWAYS brought it, both were warriors.

This one... could have gone either way, imo, Lawler won.

There is no argument Lawler won this fight other than having no fucking clue what you're watching

It's unquestionably the biggest robbery in UFC title fight history. I think Lawler only won round 5.

<Varys01>

watched it live at B Dubs, amazing fight, certainly in my all time top ten, I thought Condit won 3-2, idk why he didn't get an auto rematch

Yes, nobody lost that fight...except the guy who lost that fight and would never become UFC champion because of it, nor get the subsequent championship defense pay day.

Yep, Condit lost nothing at all from that decision.

He had already been a UFC champion before this fight.

Condit, at 31 and almost two years after his ACL and meniscus surgery and 14 years deep in his fighting career, fought a war against the champ and came up short on the judges scorecards. Most of the media outlets at the time scored it in favour of Condit. His stock did not drop from taking that loss, and he didn't get cut. Dana didn't shit-talk him to the press. No one was calilng him washed up or a scrub because of it. I doubt his UFC pay went down for his next fight (though Dana being who he is, that part actually wouldn't surprise me if it did), and I don't even recall his ranking dropping as a result.

He might have got a L on the scorecards, but he took his defeat like a man and with class, and in my opinion he didn't really lose anything. To each his own.

I never rewatched it I haven’t seen it since I watched it live but I remember me and my buddy who I watched it with thought Condit kinda got fucked

Btw went through and read all the posts in this thread. Surprised how strong the consensus is for Condit winning, maybe it's time to rewatch this fight.

Historically, I scored it for Lawler, and Condit essentially had himself to blame for throwing low power the entire fight. I believed that the judges respected Lawler's attempts to finish the fight more, and that he had big moments in 3 rounds, which was why he got the decision.

I'll rewatch tonight after work and review everything. I'm excited haha.

Such a great fight, back and forth. It was very close.. could have gone either way or been a draw. If I had to really be nailed down on a winner then I would have gone Condit 3-2. Great fight anyways

Back