Rewatched DC Vs Jones, how would DC

Steroids could give you strength advantage necessary to negate Olympic wrestling.
I would bet you that Mighty Mouse can take down Ronnie Coleman. Strength has nothing to do with takedown defense. Jon Jones has always been amazing and only got taken down once in his career bu Gus.

Against Weidman and Jacare? He headkicked Hendo after... I wouldn't try to headkick those guys as well. Last thing you want is them on top of you.
True, but pulling it off on a Luke Rockhold or Michael Bisping is way more impressive than a Hendo. He honestly looked completely different and I don't mean just physique. He fought like a different person.

I would bet you that Mighty Mouse can take down Ronnie Coleman. Strength has nothing to do with takedown defense. Jon Jones has always been amazing and only got taken down once in his career bu Gus.

Nothing to do with TDD? That's just false. And Jones could have used it to help his functional strength, not just beach muscles.

Athletes don't just take steroids for fun. There's always an edge they gain for it. Even that 1% could be the difference between winning and losing.

For the millionth time....steroids help you out most during TRAINING. not as much during the actual fight.
And does better training help you during the actual fight than not better training?

Cmon bro.

Anabolic steroids make you stronger, increase aggression and CONFIDENCE. Completely useless for MMA indeed. You should close your account, people with your level of critical thinking abilities are the reason sherdog gets a bad wrap.
I was here before you were born son. Most people who were caught for steroids lost their last fight. Just proves that technique and hard work will always overcome that. DC was just not good enough.

If Jon was confident about his ability to beat DC without steroids he wouldn't have used them

It's obvious. Steroids teach you headkicks, that's why Jones won. Without Steroids he wouldn't know how to headkick.

Or it gives you headkicks tremendous and unnatural power

The power to knock out a granit chin tested warrior with your headkick that you spammed 200 times and never knocked down anybody for example?

Nothing to do with TDD? That's just false. And Jones could have used it to help his functional strength, not just beach muscles.

Athletes don't just take steroids for fun. There's always an edge they gain for it. Even that 1% could be the difference between winning and losing.
Doesn't look like all the steroids in the world helped Hector Lombard get KTFO several times or Brock Lesnar from getting smashed by Valasquez. Most fighters on steroids lose, it's a fact.

It's obvious. Steroids teach you headkicks, that's why Jones won. Without Steroids he wouldn't know how to headkick.

Its obvious. Jones ruins his career taking steroids bc they dont benefit him.

Or it gives you headkicks tremendous and unnatural power

The power to knock out a granit chin tested warrior with your headkick that you spammed 200 times and never knocked down anybody for example?
Technique makes your headkicks stronger way more than steroids ever will. Jon Jones practicing head kicks over and over for the last 10 years is the reason they have power. Steroids will not increase it by that much.

I agree. I think Jones had the physical tools though to beat DC. Half of fighting is 80% mental, I know but I think Jones is just addicted to dumbness and is a better fighter than DC. He just can't keep his shit together.
So you're saying he did cheat, buuuuuuuut he would be DC regardless?

Not even Jon Jones seems to believe that.

I'm hearing a lot of shit about how steroids don't help you in a fight..... WTF?

Technique makes your headkicks stronger way more than steroids ever will. Jon Jones practicing head kicks over and over for the last 10 years is the reason they have power. Steroids will not increase it by that much.

Yeah, it's not like steroid vastly improve your endurance and stamina which translates in the cheater being able to spend the double or triple amount of time that a natty can physically devote to training

That doesn't help at all to perfect technique... Or does it ?

So you're saying he did cheat, buuuuuuuut he would be DC regardless?

Not even Jon Jones seems to believe that.
I'm kind of saying that. I think his substance abuse is more psychological weakness rather than performance enhancing. Maybe he can't believe it himself but he gets the job done when he has the confidence.

DC could've won that fight anyways. He was up 2-0 on my card. Now this just makes it even more unlikely that Jon would have won. That being said. USADA is getting kind of out of hand

I'm kind of saying that. I think his substance abuse is more psychological weakness rather than performance enhancing. Maybe he can't believe it himself but he gets the job done when he has the confidence.
I can see that man, I really can, but I've personally given this guy to many chances to really defend him anymore. And he made one of my favorite fighters life very difficult.

I don't care to give this mana fair shake, but I will eat crow should he be proven innocent without a shadow of a doubt.

how would DC win vs JBJ if he was not on roids? I am conflicted because it just feels like in the end JOnes would win somehow anyways.

I hated seeing DC destroyed like that and I just feel bad for DC because he will never know if he actually could have beaten him. Fuck Jones.
First fight was close but jones last 2 rounds had crazy gas. Also safe to say Gus truly > jones

I can see that man, I really can, but I've personally given this guy to many chances to really defend him anymore. And he made one of my favorite fighters life very difficult.

I don't care to give this mana fair shake, but I will eat crow should he be proven innocent without a shadow of a doubt.
Yeah he is a piece of shit and I love DC as a fighter and as a person and commentator. He got fucked up hunting some big game in Jones but I'm trying to put the emotional attachment aside and see who would win in a fair fight and I think it might be Jones.

Back