Returning to the ring/cage at 50

CraniumCrusher

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm interested in yalls opinions. I'm 50 and fought for awhile in my 20's, but have trained hard and I'm back in shape and I'd like to return to kickboxing again as an amateur. Are there many fighters in their 40's or 50's still out there? I usually train with guys have my age and do pretty damn well. I miss it, and LOVE to train regularly, but want to get back in really bad. Opinions, thoughts on this? Please, no negative responses, but constructive thoughts.

Follow your heart bro. Get back in there and crush some young craniums.

Amateur associations usually have age restrictions for competitors. Still, my impression is that you can always find a opportunity to fight, if you want to. In any case, training is a lot of fun and I wish you the best of luck!

don't hurt them poor boys too much.good luck

40's yes I think there are a handfull, I dont know about 50 but I do know a few guys that are still in great shape at 50 and I dont see why they couldnt fight. I definetely thinkg you could do it. I did a boxing smoker years ago and there was a man there that fought that was in his 50s. you will definetely get matched with a older guy rather than a 20 year old kid. I would imagine getting you matched up with someone in their 30s would most likely be the outcome.

40's yes I think there are a handfull, I dont know about 50 but I do know a few guys that are still in great shape at 50 and I dont see why they couldnt fight. I definetely thinkg you could do it. I did a boxing smoker years ago and there was a man there that fought that was in his 50s. you will definetely get matched with a older guy rather than a 20 year old kid. I would imagine getting you matched up with someone in their 30s would most likely be the outcome.

This is awesome, thank you!!!

This is awesome, thank you!!!

one more thing, one of our boxing coaches, in his 50s was planning to do an mma fight to add to his resume. He ended up not doing it because hes too busy training everyone that he doesnt have time to train himself. but totally doable IMO

one more thing, one of our boxing coaches, in his 50s was planning to do an mma fight to add to his resume. He ended up not doing it because hes too busy training everyone that he doesnt have time to train himself. but totally doable IMO
Thanks, that's part of my problem now. I teach 5 ladies kickboxing and 3 mma classes a week as well as several other fitness programs, so my training time is limited, but I feel it will be enough once I find a good balance to get my time in . Thanks for your support, truly appreciated.

Back