Elections Republicans in disarray(with new disarray!)

They've elected a large amount of people whose only electable quality is that they know how to trigger the left and rile up the base. In short, people who like to argue and be contrarian. No surprise that it's going to make re-electing a career politician back into House Leadership more difficult.

These aren't people who are deeply interested in compromising for the "common good". And there are enough of them to stymie even GOP leadership. I think McCarthy gets put back into leadership, it's just going to be harder.

Makes me wonder what will actually get passed through the House over the next few years.

Good.

Our politicians need to fight wayyyy more.

The way it is now where they stick to a side and move like the wind when push comes to shove is bullshit.

If you have convictions, fight for them, it's literally what they all should be doing, instead of towing party lines and plotting to become wealthy while paying lip service to their constituents.

Good.

Our politicians need to fight wayyyy more.

The way it is now where they stick to a side and move like the wind when push comes to shove is bullshit.

If you have convictions, fight for them, it's literally what they all should be doing, instead of towing party lines and plotting to become wealthy while paying lip service to their constituents.

But it's not like it's a fight about policy or some kind of grand principle. It's just that some of the craziest and most obnoxious Republicans don't think McCarthy is crazy and obnoxious enough (which is really saying something because that guy is a real motherfucker and a nutball himself). If some sane Republicans (if any are left) were willing to join with Democrats to promote like a bipartisan deficit-reduction plan involving a mix of spending cuts and new revenue or something, I'd agree that it would be good.

They've elected a large amount of people whose only electable quality is that they know how to trigger the left and rile up the base. In short, people who like to argue and be contrarian. No surprise that it's going to make re-electing a career politician back into House Leadership more difficult.

These aren't people who are deeply interested in compromising for the "common good". And there are enough of them to stymie even GOP leadership. I think McCarthy gets put back into leadership, it's just going to be harder.

Makes me wonder what will actually get passed through the House over the next few years.
A significant portion of their voters love chaos and these dumb stands.

bingo. imagine some of these crazies with power positions when a genuine international crisis crops up.

House republicans want to run the house but they cant even agree on who to lead them and they are getting into shouting matches about it

Crenshaw is right for once ...

"Some of the reasons that these people have for not voting for McCarthy are unbelievably petty ... it makes us look foolish"

The lot of them are foolish and petty so this should be expected, this will become more apparent going forward.

Back