International Reports that Turkey just declared nationwide martial law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like 5 supreme court judges and about 3 thousand judges have been sacked. probably those that are against the death penalty. erdogan is going to do whatever he wants with this country for the next few days.

This. Gollum is stronger than ever now.

This is really bad for the West. The failed coup is just another win for Islam.

The Islam is winning, winning and winning. They gain ground every day.
And this pisses me off because it's more self sabatoge on the West's part than it is Islam actually winning. If the cuckoldry wasn't so prevalent with the current western governments they would take some action and not bend over backwards because of racism. It's sickening they would put their own citizens in harm's way to appease a small minority of foreigners who hold values that are completely opposite to their own. Fuck Islam and anyone who subscribed to that disgusting pedophilic cult.

I've seen some people saying they don't mind seeing Turkey turn into a bigger shithole, getting close to Pakistan levels. Tourism drop off, EU membership is out of the question etc.

They approach it in a schadenfreude sort of way,

win for the people you mean? Ergs got the people with him. you cant have a coup without support from the people against their beloved leader unless you want to control them with violence

I've seen some people saying they don't mind seeing Turkey turn into a bigger shithole, getting close to Pakistan levels. Tourism drop off, EU membership is out of the question etc.

They approach it in a schadenfreude sort of way,
right, that's exactly what anyone would want near their eastern, most vulnerable border.

The soldiers looked like skinny little kids....coup should of been massive numbers of troops.

This really fucking sucks. When I first heard about the coup I was excited as shit but now I'm pissed. Got my hopes up for nothing.

For a country with many military coups in recent history, all succesful, this seemed more of a joke.
Military in Turkey are the ones to guarantee the nation remains secular.... notanymore

Why am I not surprised most of you support a coup against a democratically elected government. As they say in the Muslim world. It doesn't matter if we get democracy as they will not be happy until they have their puppet controlling Muslim countries. I am glad this coup failed and democracy won.

This really fucking sucks. When I first heard about the coup I was excited as shit but now I'm pissed. Got my hopes up for nothing.
Yea same here. But then you realize this is what the people actually want and you stop caring. I feel terrible for the normal people in Turkey who don't want this type of government but I don't mind letting their religion degrade Turkey at the will of their own people.

Why am I not surprised most of you support a coup against a democratically elected government. As they say in the Muslim world. It doesn't matter if we get democracy as they will not be happy until they have their puppet controlling Muslim countries. I am glad this coup failed and democracy won.

The coup was because some people wanted to bring back democracy. The current president wants to turn Turkey into a shithole controlled by radical religious beliefs just lie the rest of the Middle East.

The coup was because some people wanted to bring back democracy. The current president wants to turn Turkey into a shithole controlled by radical religious beliefs just lie the rest of the Middle East.
So majority of the people can't choose that if they want?

Ataturk must be rolling in his grave.

The problem is that once Erdogan has gotten rid of the democratic process, people will no longer be able to vote him out of there.

This is what has essentially taken place:

Europe and the United States stood behind that "democratic will of the people" as well...

Suppose the vast majority of White Americans choose White Nationalist leaders to run the country and as a result civil liberties and the constitution were changed to reflect a Christian fascist ideology and laws were enacted that made it legal to suppress non-White Christian communities. Would people still be ok with it because the will of the majority demands it?

Majoritarian rule is a bad thing because the majority will oppress the minority . Look at what happened in Egypt with Muhammed Mursi : as soon as he won, he started rigging the government with Islamists . But I don't support Sisi either because he is an authoritarian.

Only a moron would allow a dictator to take power. Once you allow it to happen there's no going back. No more elections. Anything he says goes, regardless if you like it or not.

Suppose the vast majority of White Americans choose White Nationalist leaders to run the country and as a result civil liberties and the constitution were changed to reflect a Christian fascist ideology and laws were enacted that made it legal to suppress non-White Christian communities. Would people still be ok with it because the will of the majority demands it?

Majoritarian rule is a bad thing because the majority will oppress the minority . Look at what happened in Egypt with Muhammed Mursi : as soon as he won, he started rigging the government with Islamists . But I don't support Sisi either because he is an authoritarian.
Egypt and turkey are Muslim countries. Why you guys insist on making them democracy is beyond me. Most Turks are not secular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back