Referee Marc Goddard: "Frank did not tap. But Frank had no idea where he was. He was out."

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

One thing that's kinda cool about this digital age...

You can ask a question to the guy you just watched on TV, and get a response. Lol.

Anyway...

War Mir!

War Hunto!

and War Marc 'Da God' Goddard!

Best referee in MMA imo.

Yeah, I posted this in the Mir tapped thread...

I'm not sure, I really don't think he was with it enough to tap, maybe just a reaction from being hit so damn hard:

eC7tCsn.gif

Good on him.

I still don't see the controversy over the stoppage.

Good idea and nice of him to answer.

Mir was done. Dude was seeing horseshoes and strawberry jam as Hunt walked right by him. It was the right call.

Good on him.

I think it was just because it almost looks like Frank was maybe rolling to a guard position.

When really in his mind, he was rolling to a doorknob unicorn potato.

That right hand from Hunto was basically a car accident hitting the back of Frank's ear, and running through his head.

The overhead replay angle showed it the best, and I think some people missed that.

That's what it looked like to me as well. That should lay the subject to rest, I guess.

Awesome job by Hunt.

One thing that's kinda cool about this digital age...

You can ask a question to the guy you just watched on TV, and get a response. Lol.

Anyway...

War Mir!

War Hunto!

and War Marc 'Da God' Goddard!

Best referee in MMA imo.

That doesnt mean he didn't tap, it means Marc might not have seen it.

I don't think he had enough wits to tap, but that's my opinion.

Good on him.

I can see why it was, at first glance I thought it looked like Mir was preparing himself for Hunt to drop on him. After seeing the replay you can see it was 100% instinct kicking in, and Mir was gone.

And totally agree, he is the best ref in the business.

ok then I'll believe that.

he knows his shit

1fC92.gif
guess this guy wasn't getting ready for a wank either

Fucking thank you petey.

He wasn't even focused on the looming Hunto he was that out of it. He was defenseless at that point, and anyone else other than "Walkaway" Hunto would've been pounding his head flat.

He was pawing for spacial awareness.
Totally out of it, he probably would have tapped if he was of sound mind.

I think it was just because it almost looks like Frank was maybe rolling to a guard position.

When really in his mind, he was rolling to a doorknob unicorn potato.

That right hand from Hunto was basically a car accident hitting the back of Frank's ear, and running through his head.

The overhead replay angle showed it the best, and I think some people missed that.

Yeah, Mir's luscious hair went from one side of his head to the other.

That doesnt mean he didn't tap, it means Marc might not have seen it.

I don't think he had enough wits to tap, but that's my opinion.
He looked pretty much out of it at that point. I don't think he knew what he was doing after getting clipped.

There's a reason they bring Marc Goddard everywhere with them. He's one of the best.

The fact that so many people believed it was a tap on here is pretty hilarious.

I honestly thought it was a troll job before clicking on the thread. I quickly realized it wasn't.

The "tap" was a break-fall reflex, a white belt move everyone learns in BJJ. Mir has it stored in his muscle memory for sure.

Good stuff. Also, Petey is far and away the best mod on this forum.

Back