Ref after choke is held too long: "If he dies, he dies" (commentators laugh)/Guy out almost 30sec!

InfinityLens

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Here is the timeline:

194minutes10seconds/1hour14minutes10seconds: Fight starts
-
194minutes54seconds/1hour14minutes54seconds: Commenters start screaming that he is out
-
195minutes01seconds/1hour15minutes01seconds: Ref breaks it up
-
195minutes28seconds/1hour15minutes28seconds: Guy regains conciousness (commentator says it)
-
195minutes50seconds/1hour15minutes50seconds: Commentator thought his partner was about to go in and break it up.
-
196minutes30seconds/1hour16minutes30seconds: The commenter says the ref said "if he dies he dies", commenters laugh.

I counted it was held on for about 8-9 seconds since going out… definitely a long time, but no where as bad as this, where the ref would seemingly have the guy leave a permanent brain injury given the towel needed to be thrown in to stop it:

Lol the European guy starts convulsing after they release the choke. Ridiculous.

Does the ref in question know that he's reffing a sanctioned MMA fight, not a fight from the Kumite. Honorable mention for quoting Ivan Drago though. :rolleyes:

IMG_2325.JPG

Last edited:
Did they edit the video?

I counted it was held on for about 8-9 seconds since going out… definitely a long time, but no where as bad as this, where the ref would seemingly have the guy leave a permanent brain injury given the towel needed to be thrown in to stop it:

My count was from when it was released to when the commentator said he was up (28 seconds).

Did they edit the video?

It was a live stream.

One of the inevitable problem of MMA is that streets are more dangerous than the "ultimate" brawls in the cage.
Early UFCs were sending viewers into alert mode, and that's what people were paying for.

OMFG!!!

I know bro but it looks like they edited that part you are talking about. I can't find it and neither the other dude.

You mean where he said it? You can't hear the ref say it, the announcers say he said it and than laugh.

Why did you post two timelines? They don't even match-up, learn to count. 194 minutes is three hours, not one hour. And the referee doesn't say what you claimed. The commentaries are being sarcastic and making fun of his poor officiating.

Why did you post two timelines? They don't even match-up, learn to count. 194 minutes is three hours, not one hour. And the referee doesn't say what you claimed. The commentaries are being sarcastic and making fun of his poor officiating.

The one hour thing was a mistake on my part.

Two timelines are there in case somebodies browser see's the timer differently, I am not a computer person.

The commentators say he said that, could they have been being sarcastic? Maybe, but it was still a dumb thing to say.

Back