Red Dead Redemption II - (Rate it)

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
the problem is that any half decent game nowadays gets an 8, any good game gets a 9.

so despite all the annoying crap in RDR2 you kinda have to give it a 10 because its still better than those other games.
I don't think it deserves a 10. RDR2 doesn't do a lot better than many other high rated games, the only thnig it raises the bar in is a bigger and prettier open world (and i suppose the animaltion of the wildlife sets a new benchmark). Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it but it's far from perfect.

I don't think it deserves a 10. RDR2 doesn't do a lot better than many other high rated games, the only thnig it raises the bar in is a bigger and prettier open world (and i suppose the animaltion of the wildlife sets a new benchmark). Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it but it's far from perfect.
just think how fun they could made it if they didn't waste their time making realistic horse genitalia and having that wildlife dropping a deuce.

whoever scored this a 1 needs to be taken out back and kicked the shit out of

Reserving my spot and rating til I can hopefully get a copy soon. Too poor atm with 3 kids and a new one on the way next week. For now its back to watching my 7 year old play FortNite. LOL

Fookin pumped for this game!! First game ive watched youtube videos on and read non stop about. Keep the insight coming!

The controls suck? Ive never played a red dead game cuz im awful at aiming with a controller vs a mouse.

As of now I'll give an 8, I'm a few hours in, controls and graphics are good. It's simply that my hand is being held and I'm pretty much handcuffed to other characters. When they are going at a snails pace, so am I, kills the moment at times when I'm wanting to go run through a mission.

8/10, hardly “best game of the decade” material but I’m still having a good time.

How clunky are the controls really? Because that and the gigantic download/install are some of the major reasons why I haven't bought it yet. Every review I've seen so far seems to gloss over it, so maybe it's not that bad. But every once in a while, I'll see a review that mentions how there seems to be a tendency to overcomplicate mundane actions in order to deliver a more "immersive experience" or some horseshit like that.

Also, what about the survival aspects like having to eat, drink and sleep, how do they compare against something like Fallout: New Vegas' survival mode. I think mechanics like that should be left to a difficulty setting, not hard coded into the game. After all, I don't play a game to simulate having to take periodic eating, sleeping, drinking, shitting breaks.

How clunky are the controls really? Because that and the gigantic download/install are some of the major reasons why I haven't bought it yet. Every review I've seen so far seems to gloss over it, so maybe it's not that bad. But every once in a while, I'll see a review that mentions how there seems to be a tendency to overcomplicate mundane actions in order to deliver a more "immersive experience" or some horseshit like that.

Also, what about the survival aspects like having to eat, drink and sleep, how do they compare against something like Fallout: New Vegas' survival mode. I think mechanics like that should be left to a difficulty setting, not hard coded into the game. After all, I don't play a game to simulate having to take periodic eating, sleeping, drinking, shitting breaks.
The survival isn't forced. You don't have to eat tbh. If you have some questions, ask me and I'll gladly answer. Finished the game already.

The first Red Dead was fun for a bit. I think I played for about 15 hours before getting bored with it. I'll check this game out in 2 years when it's 10 bucks.

you can get use to it, just takes some practice. there are some things that are odd. For example entering dead eye requires you to tap R3 but only when aimed down, otherwise it turns you around. There are times I accidentally tap it without aiming and get lost when i turn around

It is clearly head and shoulders above the rest, the best game ever made.

The characterisation, mood, light effects, sound design etc etc etc, all hit the nail on the head. The controls are like red dead, in that it takes 10hrs or so to get them down.

10 is not a 100% score, it's 91-100%. The game is easily in the top 10% of games.

Not saying there are people who don't like it, but I'm sure a lot of those people are jaded PC fanboys. I never trust metacritic user scores.

Bout to say the same. Just butthurt PC elitists who are too poor to buy a console.

Wut? It's a subjective qualification, it's up there with last of us and rocket league imo.

What would be your argument for why it isn't the best yet? Probably the most money spent, 2000 staff, arguably the greatest developer of all time producing their magnum opus.

Back