Movies Reasons you love The Dark Knight besides The Joker

The acting from everyone else especially Bale and Eckhart. The writing, the Tone and the amazing practical effects, such as the Truck flipping scene. But I have to acknowledge the movie isn’t near as good if you remove Ledger’s performance.

It's kind of hard to take the main antagonist away from a movie, and judge it. You may as well ask "Besides Hannibal Lector, why do you love 'Silence of the Lambs'?"

It was well made, I guess? Acting was strong. Cinematography was on point. What do you want? Would it work without The Joker? Probably not. Nor would "Star Wars" work without Darth Vader.

The game theory. That’s really the only thing I like about it.
I don’t live Ledger’s Joker. I don’t live Bale’s Batman. Actually, I liked Batman Begins a lot better. But I thought the use of game theory in TDK was fun.

It's just not a good movie unless you're a kid, sorry

Acting was great though

not much. TDK gives me a fucking headache w/ its rapid adhd cuts all over the place. start to finish it feels like the movie & Nolan barely ever take a second to fucking breathe.

Wow... for a movie so highly regarded on Sherdog its surprising so many can't articulate why its respected besides 'The Joker.'

Its a 'comic book movie' that is given the respect its source material deserves, beyond being viewed as a 'comic book movie' within the production crew themselves.

The actors didn't perform as if they were just in another 'comic book movie.' They could tell from the script and production it deserved the respect of their best performances.
The director (Nolan) treated every shot of every scene as if the movie would make him in Spielberg's league, and it did.
The script made the entirety of Gotham City into not only the setting, but also its own character... which was in jeopardy throughout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back