Ready For Gable Steveson to arrive

The WWE cut Gable Steveson, he was terrible at his job as a professional wrestler. But the WWE didn't let him wrestle in the Olympic trials then fired him right after they ended (has to be some sort of rich man revenge for wasting their money and getting no return). I feel bad about the wrestling, but with the next Olympic games 4 years away, there is no way he doesn't come to MMA.

Hopefully he learned how to "hype a fight" a bit in his two wasted years of WWE, as he will be turning 24 this year.

Anyone have video of him hitting the bags? Hearing it looked like a cross of Askren and Stephen A Smith level bad. Not that it should matter much.
Terrible at his job? He was pretty entertaining to me. And it's sports entertainment, baby!

If he is doing MMA next hopefully he takes him time and actually learn to fight.

Watch him on Jaxxon podcast, he seems a little off to me. I don't think he'll be diving into MMA.

I never understood why the WWE raced to sign Gable. I'm no wrasslin' fan, but there doesn't seem to be much correlation between amateur wrestling success and creating a successful WWE character.

WWE signs dozens of college athletes every year and sends them to their developmental program, Steveson was just one of them but because of his status as an Olympic gold medalist, his signing was pumped up a little more by the promotion and the media which is understandable

What happened with the WWE? Why didn’t it work out?
Doesn't have much personality. Rumors that he didn't train overly hard to grasp the sport. Also he doesn't really look that intimidating, his appearance doesn't match his toughness which matters in WWE.

Throw in his dismissed legal issues (prior to his WWE signing) that some of the fans took issue with and fans chanting "You're not (Kurt) Angle" at him loudly on his debut.

Really nothing went right with it. His less docarated brother who got signed as a favor to Gable I've heard has been doing decent though surprisingly, no clue how true that is.

Doesn't have much personality. Rumors that he didn't train overly hard to grasp the sport. Also he doesn't really look that intimidating, his appearance doesn't match his toughness which matters in WWE.

Throw in his dismissed legal issues (prior to his WWE signing) that some of the fans took issue with and fans chanting "You're not (Kurt) Angle" at him loudly on his debut.

Really nothing went right with it. His less docarated brother who got signed as a favor to Gable I've heard has been doing decent though surprisingly, no clue how true that is.
Interesting. Thanks. I never thought he was the WWE type and was was surprised he chose that path

An olympic gold medal is to be respected, specially in wrestling. I did follow him when he talked about what was next after the gold, and he acted like a real diva, like the biggest star the world had ever seen.. Im not saying im happy that he failed, but I didn't get any humble vibes from him. And now he missed his chance in wrestling this time. I guess if you never try you never now, so hats of to him.

An olympic gold medal is to be respected, specially in wrestling. I did follow him when he talked about what was next after the gold, and he acted like a real diva, like the biggest star the world had ever seen.. Im not saying im happy that he failed, but I didn't get any humble vibes from him. And now he missed his chance in wrestling this time. I guess if you never try you never now, so hats of to him.

Of course he was gonna be a diva. Would you expect any less from an 20 year old Olympic Gold winner?

I have watched the finals when Kurt Angle won against the Iranian in 1996. It was a draw and the judges awarded the W to Kurt based on a decision.

Gable at least did outpoint the other guy, even if it was a coinflip that his late surge in that match won him the gold.

Anyone think that the other guy may have took a dive?

Of course he was gonna be a diva. Would you expect any less from an 20 year old Olympic Gold winner?

I have watched the finals when Kurt Angle won against the Iranian in 1996. It was a draw and the judges awarded the W to Kurt based on a decision.

Gable at least did outpoint the other guy, even if it was a coinflip that his late surge in that match won him the gold.

Anyone think that the other guy may have took a dive?

I don't know him, I don't have any expectations but I have seen young people being more humble when granted big opportunities. And maybe in real life he is humble, social media gives you one picture but that is the only picture I had and it screamed diva.
I do agree that it is a very big thing that he got the gold at 20, in his first olympics. Overwhelming. I always want to see the highest level of combat sports in MMA, so I was a bit disappointed that he chose the WWE.

And no dive in that match, the opponent was exhausted, Gable still had more in him and got his back.

I don't know him, I don't have any expectations but I have seen young people being more humble when granted big opportunities. And maybe in real life he is humble, social media gives you one picture but that is the only picture I had and it screamed diva.
I do agree that it is a very big thing that he got the gold at 20, in his first olympics. Overwhelming. I always want to see the highest level of combat sports in MMA, so I was a bit disappointed that he chose the WWE.

And no dive in that match, the opponent was exhausted, Gable still had more in him and got his back.

Hard not to choose WWE over UFC/MMA at the point when he did. Why turn down 250k a year over 80k (+80k to win) per match in UFC? He's no draw.

Even if he failed at WWE he can negotiate a sponsorship that he can make a decent wage training for the next Olympics and get a huge bonus if he wins his second gold.

Back