Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Producer: Overhype Studios
Developer: Overhype Studios
Release Date: 3/24/17

With this series I am going to focus on games that I don't think get enough attention. Browsing through this forum and others I see lots of attention being put on the more mainstream games. I am here to shed some light of the lesser known gems.

First up on my list is Battle Brothers. I know this game has a pretty corny name which would lead to most people overlooking it... but don't. The gameplay is absolutely addicting and the art style has tons of detail.

This game will keep you entertained for hours and hours. It is a blend of genres and other games that I think do a lot right. It has an X-COM feel to it, but it also shares a lot with Mount&Blade. I have been following this game the entire early access and release is coming soon this month on the 24th.

A quick summary of what to expect. You're a mercenary and start out on the battlefield watching your commander getting cut down. You along with two other brothers start on your quest to exact your revenge and reform your mercenary company to its former glory. From there it's open world. You travel from town to town recruiting more members, upgrading your equipment, and picking up contracts for the local towns and eventually the nobles.

Back