Rating fighting games from easiest to hardest (video)

Crimson Fury

Elijah Modnar
@Silver
Reaction score
Not bad, but I know some would say Guilty Gear/Blazeblue is harder than Tekken.

Superman 64 is the hardest fighting game ever, and it's not even a fighting game!!

kinda silly to just put whole franchises in there

street fighter 5 is very easy while some other games in the series are hard

kinda silly to just put whole franchises in there

street fighter 5 is very easy while some other games in the series are hard

TBF, a lot of games have been dumbed down from their predecessors and that's including Virtua Fighter.

Cool video, thanks for sharing. Didn’t know people thought Tekken was that difficult. Where’s KOF OR SC?

Blaz and GG have outrageous looking moves that makes it very hard for me to tell what exactly is going on. Seems you really have to practice a lot to learn what move hits where. Or even how it operates at all!

Nioh is really hard I’ve died over 1000 times

I'm just waiting for the speaker voice to say "Imposibruh!"

Cool video, thanks for sharing. Didn’t know people thought Tekken was that difficult. Where’s KOF OR SC?

He mentioned KOF after SF. I'd say it's harder to pick up that SF. I don't know where he would put SC. All of these take some skill and dedication.

Not a bad breakdown but not a single mention of local multiplayer. Do people not play fighting games with friends in person anymore?

Not a bad breakdown but not a single mention of local multiplayer. Do people not play fighting games with friends in person anymore?

There are fighting game scenes for just about any fighter out. A fighting game players skill is still judged by playing local multiplayer.

There are fighting game scenes for just about any fighter out. A fighting game players skill is still judged by playing local multiplayer.

Yep. No lag to hid behind when it's local. Some online warriors end up being legit though.

oqElxIv.jpg

Virtua Fighter 5 , that game was very hard! I used to have it on XBOX 360 and it was so frustrating, the control explanation was so confusing

Tekken for the win.
List of characters sorted by their number of moves:
VX3BNf1.png

what about EA UFC and the THQ UFC games. where should they go in that list? i'd say mma games have a lot of gaming mechanics to learn and master

+1 for Tekken

Tekken is the hardest and best. It's insane at a high level. Once you get competent you can beat scrubs with practically nothing but movement.

Virtua Fighter 5 , that game was very hard! I used to have it on XBOX 360 and it was so frustrating, the control explanation was so confusing

Honestly, they should have used a tutorial mode that was similar to VF4 Evolution. To this day, there hasn't been a better one and that's including GGXrd and Skullgirls.

Look at the exercises you could do just for tech multiple throws. Although VF5FS dumbed down the throwing system to make it similar to Tekken's (and now Tekken 7's throwing system is even easier), this was very useful at the time.

Also, Akira was one of, if not THE hardest characters to use in any fighting game. Nothing was more impressive than a great Akira player.

Last edited:
what about EA UFC and the THQ UFC games. where should they go in that list? i'd say mma games have a lot of gaming mechanics to learn and master
I don't think anyone respects those games as real fighting games. I'd be surprised if their is a competitive scene at all.

I don't think anyone respects those games as real fighting games. I'd be surprised if their is a competitive scene at all.

Didn't they try to get into EVO in the past? I remember one of those games being shown there at least.

Back