The Rock cuts promo on the turnbuckle

Stone Cold wins king of the ring

Jey Uso's out of the bloodline

5. The Rock
4. Jey Uso
3. Eddie Guerrero
2. Mark Henry
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

The most significant and important promo of the greatest of all time has to be no1.

5. The Rock
4. Jey Uso
3. Eddie Guerrero
2. Mark Henry
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

The most significant and important promo of the greatest of all time has to be no1.
nah man, I have eddie by a country mile

nah man, I have eddie by a country mile
If you are taking the promos at face value, I may have Stone Colds as 5. From a business standpoint, Austin's speech was the biggest thing to happen in the history of professional wrestling.

Jey
Mark Henry
Rock
Eddie
Austin

Its very tricky to separate historical significance in discussions about promos.

That's why the "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass" promo is so highly regarded. It ushered in the beginning of the Attitude Era, and its going to be either at the top or damn near at the top for every ranking of promos.

That Rock promo was pretty standard. Same old making jokes with who he has grudges with and same old catchphrases. Wouldn't even put that in the Top #10 of his promos.

First time I've seen that Mark Henry promo. That was during the years I wasn't playing attention to wrestling at all, and it was pretty good for a post-victory heel promo.

That Eddie promo was when he was at the height of his promo powers.

That Jay Uso promo was more of a Bloodline group promo, although it still was pretty damn good. It really shows how he can get the crowd going by feeding into his intensity.

My ranking -

1. SCSA (by a wide margin)
2. Eddie
3. Jay Uso
4. Mark Henry
5. Rock

Rock is debatedly the #1 promo artist of all time, but that one was pretty average on his level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back