Rate Nemkov’s performance V. McGeary

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I must say that I was extremely impressed. I saw his debut against lins and saw that he had decent hands and definitely had power, but he showed a lot more of his game last night.

Aside from the power he displayed, he seemed to have a well rounded game. Crisp straight punches. Solid low kicks. The grappling I saw in the trip and gnp in the second wasn’t bad at all.

One thing that really impressed me, but doesn’t get much of a mention is a fighters fight IQ. Nemkov look seasoned for a man who is only 25. Knew how to blend his game up well. From hands to kicks to trip, Ground and pound, Shoot for a td. He did everything well.

Fight IQ could mean the difference between looking like nemkov last night or looking the way will Brooks looked in the ufc. Both obviously talented and physically gifted, but one seemed to shit the bed when it mattered most.

Side notes: I was very disappointed with Liam’s performance. He gave his reach advantage up when he decided to adopt a crouching stance. He also gave his leg in the process. I would have had him fighting tall, off his back foot so that he wouldnt give Nemkov all of his leg to feast on.

I give nemkov a 9/10. Very impressed the the man.

Agree? Disagree?

General thoughts?

He should definitely fight Phil Davis next, always good seeing new fighters break through

Well, Nemkov is battle tested. No surprise to me.
I saw him compete at a few Sambo tournaments and he was pretty damn impressive. Crazy strong, good technical skills and well rounded.
Its good to see how he has improved for mma. In the past, his cardio was an issue and he got decisioned once because of lack of experience in mma.
But he took some time off, and upgraded himself. If he keeps it going, I'm pretty sure he can make good things.

Like his performance but i hope he doesn't get busted. He went from normal person in shape to GI Joe action figure in a short time (his phyiscal appearance looked like fucking LHW version of GSP last night)

vadim_nemkov.jpg

He should definitely fight Phil Davis next, always good seeing new fighters break through
thats a tough fight, a big step up, what about linton vassell then phil?

Dude is pretty scary. Was rooting for him up until last minute when he had the fight won and kept crippling that dudes leg. I know it’s kill or be killed but that was tough to watch.

His brother is a fucking straight killer it' in his blood to be great.Factor in he's been getting high level coaching his whole career he is very smart technically gifted fighter.Hes not on Team Fedor for nothing he is a future champ and still young.Ive seem his physique change but he's becoming a man so it' not that wired not like a 40 something guy being ripped like Romero.

Defiantly a guy to watch as I've been preaching as much for years.

Like his performance but i hope he doesn't get busted. He went from normal person in shape to GI Joe action figure in a short time (his phyiscal appearance looked like fucking LHW version of GSP last night)

vadim_nemkov.jpg
His T levels are rizin

I've been pretty high on him ever since he got a spot on the first Rizin tourney, crazy power and well rounded. Only problem he has is cardio, but it didn't seem to be an issue last night.

Knew he had it in him to beat Liam, but I expected it to be more grapple heavy, and also didn't think he'd finish it. Nasty leg kicks.

Nemkov to be always looked one of if not the best prospects at LHW from eastern Europe, I know he lost to Jiri and Albrektsson in Rizin but to me a lot of the reason for that was a lack of polish and pacing to to his game, in terms of raw talent I think its above either and he seems to be maximising it now.

Generally I'v tended to think a lot of the "sambo hopefuls" post Pride were not really guys who had the ability levels of Fedor, Arlovski, Sergei, etc but he seems like he could potentially be on that level.

One issue I spose is size, even with the extra muscle he's still not a big LHW and I suspect might end up at MW long term.

He was awesome. Versatile and patient striking. Mixed up his kicks and punches very well and threw some solid combos in there. And of course the composure and fight IQ to keep stalking that leg instead of rushing in and making a mistake. He knew he had Liam hurt and stayed patient and eliminated him brutally. Liam will be feeling that for a couple of weeks. Nemkov will be a force. Let’s get him in there with Vassell.

Definitely wanna avoid Phil Davis for right now. Dude is the perfect prospect killer. Vassell would be a good stepping stone to a title shot.

Poor fight IQ was honestly the biggest the issue in his losses. He never paced himself and ended up blowing his wad early.

Against McGeary though, he showed a lot of improvement in that area.

Back