Rap, Culture, and Donald Trump

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://people.com/music/kendrick-lamar-white-fan-raps-n-word-during-alabama-concert/

Kendrick Lamar invites a white fan on stage to sing along with a song laden with the n word, what ensues is predictable. He knew what would happen and this was just an opportunity to finger wag at someone with no context whatsoever. This shit is getting old. I thought “Humble” was a good song but he’s an obvious idiot. I guess Tekashi69 really is the future.

When your identity is based on what you are against, you tend to ignore what you are for.

That's why we can't have nice things

She shouldn't have said the N word on stage at a Kendrick concert.

It was the wrong thing to do.

Kendrick is the most overated rapper alive. Don't @ me. Garbage.

I dont know why he's celebrated like a new Eminem or something. His flow and lyrics are far from being top notch. He is more like a marketing genius.

from the article you posted:

Lamar tried to get her to understand, “You gotta bleep one single word though.”

As she seemed to realize what she had uttered, she offered an apology, saying, “Oh, I’m sorry. Did I do it?”
“Yeah you did it,” Lamar said. He turned toward the concert crowd and asked, “Should she stay up here, y’all?”

The concertgoers yelled, “No!”

Despite the crowd’s opinion, Lamar allowed her to perform the song with him once again, this time without the racial slur, according to Billboard magazine.

what seems to be the issue ? he was cool about it all and gave her another chance

he probably did it cause it was alabama and wanted to see how crowd would react to racism

That’s what she gets for listening to hot garbage.

I dont know why he's celebrated like a new Eminem or something. His flow and lyrics are far from being top notch. He is more like a marketing genius.

Because he's better than Em? Because Em hasn't dropped a hot record in over a decade? Because Em is overrated? Pick one.

Because he's better than Em? Because Em hasn't dropped a hot record in over a decade? Because Em is overrated? Pick one.

EM currently sucks but he's also a middle aged washed up man. EM is by far the better rapper. Almost every rapper dead or alive would agree with that too.

from the article you posted:

what seems to be the issue ? he was cool about it all and gave her another chance

he probably did it cause it was alabama and wanted to see how crowd would react to racism

He did it because he's a naracistic manipulator. It has nothing to do with racism in that situation.

PROBABLY not a good idea to invite a white person on stage to sing lyrics she's not allow to say the words to.

EM currently sucks but he's also a middle aged washed up man. EM is by far the better rapper. Almost every rapper dead or alive would agree with that too.

Em sold more records, Em has clout, but his artistry never reached the cohesive peak that K.Dot's has. Em had moments (Stan, The Way I Am, Like Toy Soldiers) but the majority of his shit are joke songs.

What good is technical mastery if you don't use it for shit? And if you're so nice, you shouldn't have fallen off harder than Rich Homie Quan in 2018. The real cream rises to the top, hence why Nas is still relevant and Em is trying to recapture 18 year old Slim Shady.

Prime Em is a GOAT. Even Kendrick would tell you that. Kendrick just isn't that listenable and I don't like his tone in pretty much everything he puts out, DAMN was probably his most listenable tone wise. He's a great writer though.

Also Rap God is incredible and that was in like 2013 or whatever.

Prime Em is a GOAT. Even Kendrick would tell you that. Kendrick just isn't that listenable and I don't like his tone in pretty much everything he puts out, DAMN was probably his most listenable tone wise. He's a great writer though.

Also Rap God is incredible and that was in like 2013 or whatever.

Rakim the God MC still draws breath on this earth, you put some damn respek on his name.

The mainstream gives Em big love and all of a sudden this dude is the GOAT, save me the stanning.

He did it because he's a naracistic manipulator. It has nothing to do with racism in that situation.
This....

She was obviously paid to be up there.

This was a calculated move to remove any tarnish he picked up doing a track with taylor swift

He aint the man people like to think he is otherwise he would have told her label and management to go fuck themselves.

Fake ass chuck d

Matter fact im gonna go make a playlist full of Public Enemy and Devin The Dude tracks.

Rakim the God MC still draws breath on this earth, you put some damn respek on his name.

The mainstream gives Em big love and all of a sudden this dude is the GOAT, save me the stanning.

I said he is A GOAT. Not THE GOAT.

Also this is what Rakim thinks of Em

I thought about making a thread on this but was nervous it would get taken over by Sherfront. Personally that caused me to lose a lot of respect for Kendrick. He shouldn't have brought her up if he doesn't agree to her singing the music. It was either humiliate her onstage or have her butcher his song by sounding like a CD that keeps skipping. He has no problem selling the music to to white people, but isn't cool with them singing along. If he cares so much, he shouldn't write it in to his music. He's supposed to be one of the great lyricists but that's some lazy writing. When I saw Ghostface perform, he brought up a black guy and a white guy to see who knew the song better, the white guy blew him out of the water and performed the next song on stage with him. It wasn't about color, it was about the love of the music.

Back