Ranked flyweights Ali Bagautinov, Zach Makovsky no longer on UFC roster

They should at least offer them a crappy contact better than anything else they'll get...
Flyw is like cutting young HWs. Makes no sense aside from criminal activity.

Former UFC title challenger Ali Bagautinov (14-5 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and middling contender Zach Makovsky (19-8 MMA, 3-4 UFC) both completed their respective deals with the promotion with their most recent fights. Both men are no longer listed under the organization’s official rankings and are currently not being considered for new deals.

I think the less flyweights the better tbh. Only get the creme of the crop and these guys have had a decent chance to prove they aren't just middling and they've went about .500. They can work their way back no problem. UFC should have like 20 flyweights max, same with all the women divisions. They deserve to be there but I don't need them on every single card.

The

The last thing Bellator needs are more divisions. Struggling to fill the ones they have.

Not just fill them but properly/evenly showcase them as well. Adding 125 would be a waste of time for Bellator and the 125 fighters they could sign.

Not really many options for FW outside the UFC. The fall is pretty steep. The biggest show to the bottom if they want to continue in the division. Zach should probably move back to BW and go to WSOF now that Moraes is out and they need to rebuild the division. He already got destroyed by Dantas and guys like Caldwell are too big for him.

Booooo

Love me some Makovsky. Ali is whatever, but I hate seeing the UFC cut top guys.

Back in 2016 UFC tried to sign Sean Santella (current interim Flyweight CFFC champ) for a short notice fight but he "did not complete pre-fight medicals". Also if I'm not mistaken interim ONE Flyweight champ Adriano Moraes said that he is a free agent. Maybe UFC plans to sign them instead of giving another fight to Bagautinov and Makovsky.

And also ACB ex-Flyweight champ is a free agent as far as I know.

Judges haven't been kind to Makovsky, but he's terrible to watch. Bagautinov was actually fairly good to watch as far as FLW is concerned. Bad cut.

Back