Randy vs Shogun

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
remember when Randy called out Shogun but instead got Lyoto

Shogun would have killed Randy

Yea similar outcome. Randy was past his prime at this point

Rd.1 Shogun stuffing takedowns hurts Randy bad. But Randy always has the chance to take down, GnP and Decision.

UFC Shogun hurt my soul.

"There was really one or two fights that I wanted; that I would consider stepping back in there. Lyoto was definitely one of those. Style-wise the two guys I've been watching and see myself matching up against was Lyoto or Shogun (Mauricio Rua)."

"Lyoto actually pushed to see this fight happen. So I'm honored he wants to fight me as much as I want to fight him. It's great."

"You have to be able to cut (Lyoto Machida) off and I obviously like to use the fence and the barrier. I think my style in general is going to be interesting."
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/10/1927781/ufc-129-randy-couture-talks-lyoto-machida

In there primes I'd pick Randy. But would not be surprised if Shogun found a way to win.

Hard to say. Randy can take a beating.

giphy.gif

What makes you think Shogun would have killed him? For the last 10 years or so Shogun has been getting his ass kicked when ever he faces anybody ranked. It could have went either way imo.

Shogun got killed by the weaker Randy aka Chael. Randy would have taken him down at will

i would still watch randy vs shogun over tito vs chuck III

What makes you think Shogun would have killed him? For the last 10 years or so Shogun has been getting his ass kicked when ever he faces anybody ranked. It could have went either way imo.

probably because Couture wasn't ranked and was like 50 yrs old already.

you saw Lyoto beat him rather easily, and Shogun had thrashed Lyoto twice by then.

in their primes Randy has a real chance, but when he fought Lyoto? he was already an old man.

Two fakkin words..

Dream fight.
5-5
Boom!

Ps,ts loves MMA math, if she's old enough to understand what that is haha

Shogun would KO Randy

Shogun has been so inconsistent in the UFC imo it would be 50-50. In Pride Shogun beats Randy violently

Shogun would have killed Randy
Now this one is actually a toss up. Unlike that other thread with Randy. Now I'll say this, in there primes, Shogun was the more dangerous fighter. More powerful, younger, faster, more unpredictable. Very durable. Doesn't necessarily mean he was guaranteed to win but you have to consider that.

With that said, Shogun's prime was very, very short. And the Shogun we have seen through most of his career vs the Randy that we've seen for the majority of his career likely gets beat up in a decision. Shogun would only have that overhand as a chance. But it will come down to execution. I feel it's an even match.

Back