Rambaa M16 Somdet

AutoFire

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I watched so many of his fights and always enjoyed his wild antics. Good to see him back in Thailand and teaching. Will have to pay him a visit on the next trip over. Cool video channel as well.

This dude was one of the best Thai mma fighter. But now the best Thai mma fighter is kru rong and Shannon wiritchai.

You have to respect how he well he did in MMA after his MT career. Definitely he's one of the greatest at lighter weights.

Seems he was more open minded to learning new things. He really loves Muay Thai and MMA/Grappling and has a healthy respect for both. Most thais were very closed minded to the whole MMA thing at the time. So he was definitely a thai pioneer in that regard.

Seems he was more open minded to learning new things. He really loves Muay Thai and MMA/Grappling and has a healthy respect for both. Most thais were very closed minded to the whole MMA thing at the time. So he was definitely a thai pioneer in that regard.
How many thais even knew mma existed at that time or right now?

The thais knew about it as they had early vale tudo/MMA events like first blood run by foreigners but they just didnt accept it nor want it around. I think also Rambaa from the looks of it got a first hand immersion being in Japan and seeing the dedication of the MMA guys. I assume the japanese came to him to learn Muay Thai as he taught it there so I guess there was a mutual respect that allowed him to slide over into grappling then MMA.

Nice new Rambaa fight compilations. Love Watching him.

You have to respect how he well he did in MMA after his MT career. Definitely he's one of the greatest at lighter weights.
and at the age he did it at. I didn't know about him during his first part of his MMA career but during is comeback in Shooto I knew about him from Muay Thai and was pretty amazed at how he did when he grappled it's a shame him and Junji Ito got a chance to fight in Shooto.

He's a really good teacher and still has remarkable energy for a guy in his 40s.

Back