Raja 16oz Thai boxing glove review W/ pics

roadwarrior357

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
And for my second review, I am going to jump into the Raja 16oz Muay Thai glove.

I picked up this glove from muay thai factory for $57 + shipping.
First off I have had these gloves for 1 full year. Over that time these Raja's were my primary training glove. Lots of rounds and abuse for me to base this review on.

Quality:
The quality was fantastic. All the stitching was spot on. The color of the gloves really pops, and the print on the gloves has basically stayed the exact same over the entire year of training. The velcro is really good and still holds as if it was brand new.

Fit and Comfort:
The fit and comfort of this Raja is unbelievable. It is the most comfortable glove I have ever worn. The hand compartment is spacious enough to allow a full hand wrap with no problem. Without the wrap it is a little loose, but because of the great wrist strap your hand stays in place and the glove doesn't move around. The interior lining is not super tight to the glove, from what I have read some people may not like that, but I loved it and never had any problems with the lining bunching up or anything like that. You can open the glove very nicely for clinch work, parrying and grabbing kicks or knees.

Protection:
The padding on the glove doesn't just cover the knuckles, it comes over the entire back of the hand. It is in the middle as far as its density and offers a lot of protection. I have never had sore knuckles or wrists when I used these gloves. I mostly used these gloves on the heavy bag and Thai pads. They certainly can be used for light/medium sparring. I don't know if I would recomend them for heavy sparring...unless you don't like your sparring partner, lol.

Durability:
Outstanding. Like I said, I put a lot of time on these gloves. And as you will see in the pics they look like they just came out of the box, it is incredible. Everything held up: the leather, the print, the lining, the velcro, the stitching...everything.

Value:
For me the value of these gloves is off the charts. At about $55 they are a steal. Of course you have to add shipping to that but without that added in you are looking at a comparable price to an Everlast Protex2 gel glove...need I say more?

Rating:

Quality = 4.5 out of 5
Fit and Comfort = 5 out of 5
Protection = 4 out of 5
Durablitly = 4.5 out of 5
Value = 5 out of 5

Well, there you have it. If this glove was easier to get I suspect it would be a staple in many more gyms. Hope you enjoyed the review! Let me know what you think. I would also be very curious to hear from anyone else who has used the Raja glove, to see how their glove held up.

018.jpg
025.jpg
026.jpg
024.jpg
047.jpg

And finally this is the Raja 16oz next to my Ringside IMF 18oz sparring gloves
045.jpg

Thanks for the review.

I must have gotten a lemon pair, because, my velcro died within a month and the gloves stretched out.

Cheers for the review. Raja make some great looking equipment

Nice review! You must really take care of your equipment, cuz those do not look like year old gloves.

Excellent review. I have been looking at Raja gloves for little while.....now I think Im going to pull the trigger on a pair. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for the review.

I must have gotten a lemon pair, because, my velcro died within a month and the gloves stretched out.

This is what I was worried about. I figure some people must be having some bad experience or something.

What type of glove did you have? I don't really know if they are all the same, with the exception of the design or not.

Nice review! You must really take care of your equipment, cuz those do not look like year old gloves.

I guess...lol

No secret really, I never leave my gloves in a bag or in the car, that way they air out after every workout, always use clean hand wraps that way the nasty smell doesn't transfer. I always wash my hands before I train...once again this is just me not wanting my gloves to smell like puke. As far as the outside goes, I don't do much. I used Armor All leather cleaner/conditioner to clean them every couple months.

Thanks for the review.

same thing happened to my friends raja gloves, velcro broke quickly. i need new gloves, rajas are the cheapest you can get on muaythaifactory, but im hesitant to get them because of this

Back