Quitting Job stories

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Ever quit a job (or been fired) in style?
One of the best feelings in the world.

Share your stories.

I know I got at least 2 good ones so I will start. I hope some of yall have some good stories to share as well. Storytime fellas, here we go.

TGI Fridays - working as a server. Age 22

I had stayed up until 4am working on a song recording the night before, as I tended to do at that time in my life so I was tired as shit. It was a blizzard that day, so I was at the restaurant for 2 hours and had not had a single table, there was only one table sat in the entire restaurant during that time and I was a shitty server so it wasn't mine.

I ask to be cut to go home. No way in hell did that restaurant need 15 fucking servers for that particular shift when it was guaranteed to be dead due to the storm. Instead of 15 people making no fucking money, let 6 people make good money and let some people go home, this is common practice in restaurants.

Manager cops a huge attitude.
"No, nobody is going home, meh, don't ask again."

I ran thru the scenario. I had no tables, so at that point if I left I wouldn't need to cash out or tip out bussers, etc. I think it was my first shift after payday, so I was square with money.

So I told a few people there I was friendly with
"yo, go by the prep station in 5 minutes."

I only told maybe 2-3 people but with nothing better to do, everyone else followed them over so the whole shift was gathered in one spot, which worked out perfect because this drew the attention of the cunty manager.

On cue she comes over and bitches at people for standing around, so I said.

"Hey... I'm going home."

And of course she repeated her cunty

"nobody is going home"
208effcb8d201021e700e1ed6289cc09.jpg

At which point I started taking off my stupid ass Fridays red and white shirt, and I did the Half Baked scene

Then balled up my stupid red and white shirt and threw it on the ground along with my little black fucking folder thing and probably a pen and an apron

2qFg.gifi-aint-gonna-be-part-of-this-system-refused.gif
hb2T1O.gif

And I walked out to my car in the blizzard in my wifebeater and went home and went to sleep.
It was fucking awesome.

Of course it was ridiculously immature, I understand that, but the great thing about shitty jobs is that it is easy as hell to get another shitty job, so the next day I got super stoned and drove around applied to a few places and got hired to deliver pizza and that place actually wound up being a great place to work which let me bring home as much food as I wanted so for the entire time I worked there I never had to spend any money on groceries.

Anyway, that's my story. If the thread takes off and people tell their own stories then I have another one from when I quit Carnival cruise lines which is a doozy.
(But probably gonna be a lot longer story, so I will wait to see if the thread gets engagement)

Attachments

• andy-samberg-the-lonely-island.gif
    andy-samberg-the-lonely-island.gif
    685.1 KB · Views: 0
  • crying-laughing.gif
    crying-laughing.gif
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
Sure... job had layoffs. One being my position. They told me (us) that they still expected us to finish the week and train whoever was taking on our positions.. Went to my car to put up my things, left , and got drunk... Still got un-employment and kept my benefits for 3 months since I was technically laid off...

I worked for another Mason (which he wasn't really). Him and I were the only 2 masons, had a couple tenders(laborers). Well, the boss was slow as fuck, and refused to lay on the same wall as me because it hurt his ego. So his plan was to let me lay 2 of the 4 walls and then help him, and finish the foundation in a day. Well he fucked off half the morning shooting the shit with the excavator, then come lunch and he says we don't have time to stop..... well that didn't fucking fly with me. We all rode together, so he thought he had me lol, just so happened we were working next door to my moms house. So I finished my 2 walls and started rounding up my tools, (he had a half of a wall done) and he told me to start the other. I chuckled and said "sure thing boss, as soon as I get back."
He looked confused and asked "when is that?" I told him "the 2nd Tuesday of the first week of Nevuary" picked up my tools and walked next door and called the wife to come get me. I still hate that fat fuck.

They were there until 9pm finishing that night. I left at 2 lol

while going to school at Cal I had a part-time job delivering prescriptions for a pharmacy on Shattuck Avenue. they had a little piece of shit Volkswagen for a delivery vehicle that sometimes would start and sometimes not.

I had a bag of drugs and a bag of money although most people would pay with a Medicare sticker that I would put on a card for the pharmacist.

Many of the deliveries were in Oakland and at night after I was done with classes. One night I was delivering in the old acorn section of West Oakland before it got destroyed by the Loma Prieta earthquake.

I parked the little car and went up to the old ladies door after getting through a security gate and she looked at me and laughed.

“You a brave young man”. Uh, ok.

I gave her her medication and returned to the car which I had parked on a completely deserted street. The street was now teeming with groups of young black males with baseball bats walking towards me.

Frantically I turned the key in the ignition but the car would not start as I contemplated imminent death. I got it going just as they started beating the car with the bats and I sped back to the pharmacy. Threw the keys the money bag and the medication on the counter and walked out.
Never went back happy to be alive.

Last edited:
I was about 20 and working at a catering hall, busing tables for weddings, washing dishes, etc. There was a guy there about twice my age who was giving me a hard time for about a month. He had worked there for a long time, and I guess he felt he had some authority. He would insult me and his little minions would giggle in response. One night I walked up to him and fired a right hook into his floating rib that crumpled him. I walked out immediately after. I called the next day, told my employer I quit, and hung up.

I tried to get fired from this one place so many times at Ed Mirvish Theatres in Toronto. We kept getting laid off and this was right before COVID hit. So these shows, Come From Away, and Dear Evan Hansen was a fucking mess and I just hated sitting on my ass. So then Girl from the North Country came on and after about 2 weeks I said fuck it, I'm out. I go to my boss, please just fire me? She goes - Nah, you can do 4 more weeks. I didn't show up the next 2 days. I go in and get ready to work lol.

Got called in to the office and it's all of the big wigs there. They all sign off on my walking papers, even giving me unemployment benefits which is insane. We all shake hands - I go, I'll see you at TIFF, right?

They all laugh and shake their heads, and I just left. I'd crash the place every once and awhile or go see a show. I was at TIFF still anyways so it wasn't a burden to me, plus they knew I could get them free goodies anyways. Good times.

I tried to get fired from this one place so many times at Ed Mirvish Theatres in Toronto. We kept getting laid off and this was right before COVID hit. So these shows, Come From Away, and Dear Evan Hansen was a fucking mess and I just hated sitting on my ass. So then Girl from the North Country came on and after about 2 weeks I said fuck it, I'm out. I go to my boss, please just fire me? She goes - Nah, you can do 4 more weeks. I didn't show up the next 2 days. I go in and get ready to work lol.

Got called in to the office and it's all of the big wigs there. They all sign off on my walking papers, even giving me unemployment benefits which is insane. We all shake hands - I go, I'll see you at TIFF, right?

They all laugh and shake their heads, and I just left. I'd crash the place every once and awhile or go see a show. I was at TIFF still anyways so it wasn't a burden to me, plus they knew I could get them free goodies anyways. Good times.
What’s tiff ?

Reno job during summer in college, working in a cottage ona lake. Boss was a ginger manlet. Five five, flaming red hair, freckled 130lb certified card carrying manlet named Luke. Gross.

It was a friday. He was always excited to leave early on fridays, we were about an hour away from home. Decent drive into the middle of no where.

One of the guys working with us had recently taken time off because his father had passed from cancer.

Little luke kept making cancer jabs that day. Dont want to do that? Its ok it won't give you cancer. That kind of shit.

He launched another cancer 'joke' at this poor young guy and while he was laughing at his own joke I slammed him against a wall and then tossed him like a ragdoll into the middle of the room. He gets up and is furious.

I told him he needed a reminder that he was the size of a child.

He loses it, I kock his tantrum. He loses it more.

I grab my stuff and tell him I'm dine and dare him to follow me outside. He doesn't.

I went to his truck, grabbed the keys out of the ignition amd threw them off the customers dock as far as I could into the lake.

It was a terrific day. I was smiling so hard driving away from there.

I worked at Arby's in high school. It was actually a great job as we weren't very busy most of the time and had very relaxed managers. We ate free food, drank milkshakes, got high on break, etc. At some point, the main manager either quit or was fired and replaced by this ex-military lady. The timing couldn't have been worse because most of us were seniors who just graduated. We were off to college or whatever was next within a month or two. The new manager was all over us about cleaning, inventory, etc. at any second there was downtime. I'm not talking about during the last hour of work or between lunch and dinner, but if there was two minutes of downtime during dinnertime she wanted us busy. We finally decided that we were over it and literally all quit either at the same time or within a day of each other. This took place over a Friday and Saturday, and our busiest time was actually Sunday after church. I remember going by there on that Sunday and it was clear they were struggling bad by the looks of it. It felt good and was awesome having a free month or two with no work before college. I also thought it was a nice fuck you to those paying people around minimum wage and expecting work far beyond that wage.

Once I got a roofing job (flat roofs) and they had a burning vat of rubber adding tires to it. I left first break.

Second one was I don't even know tbh but he walks me into a warehouse and the task is separating the nuts from the bolts from this 5x5' container. I go and meet the other guys in the break room and they were just complete utter scumbags. I left before lunch and kept the hard hat they gave me in return for my time.

Worked in kitchens as a dishie, then started cooking, and eventually ended up as a sous chef. My executive chef really wanted me to get formal training and go to CIA or other culinary school. After nearly a decade cooking though, I was burnt out. I decided to go work an internship in a totally different field that had free housing and paid 75 dollars a week in stipend. I quit one day, and never went back. Everyone thought I was a idiot, and that may have been true. But, I worked like 3 more internships after that for around the same pay and got to travel around living in places for free. Opened up some doors, and closed others. Not really a "stick it to the man" kind of quitting, but it was really a formative time for me because I realized I could survive doing anything. My executive chef never talked to me again really. I often miss cooking, and working in kitchens with the motley crew of weirdos, rejects, and modern day pirates.

Last edited:
"Quitting your shitty job is the third best feeling in the world!!!
After getting pussy and revenge..." - 6-pack Shack-foo.

I also thought it was a nice fuck you to those paying people around minimum wage and expecting work far beyond that wage.
I'm gonna date myself here, but when I started working, minimum wage was $5.25

That's fine. Business exists to make profit not to pay unskilled laborers and I quickly figured out that I could hustle in tip based jobs and make more IF I chose to.

But those minimum wage jobs could be and imo should be, fun. Otherwise, quit.

If you pay me $5.25, you get what you pay for. I'm smoking weed, fucking around, stealing shit and playing jokes.

I worked at a place called "The Athletes Foot" which is a horrible name for a shoe store that was basically a knock off of foot locker. Started there in 1995 and I still have shoes I stole from that place.

And it wasn't just me, everyone was stealing as much as we could steal, we all knew it and we worked together to do it. Usually the employee benefit footwear reallocation program was run thru the trash. Whatever shoes, sneakers or boots people wanted would be put in a box in with the trash, which we took thru these long corridors out to the dumpsters, then we would stash boxes (no cameras back then) and go around to reclaim them after work.

One dude came in on his day off in socks to get his paycheck, but the owner was there and came out to talk to him and we all watched that dude standing on the opposite side of the counter and have a 2 minute conversation with the boss, then someone ran a diversion and got the boss to go in back and dude put on new kicks and went home.

At the same place we crazy glued coins to the floor in front of the store and we would laugh at people trying to pick them up. That provided MONTHS of random entertainment.

worked hanging awnings, putting up party tents, and installing canopies for a couple of years summers in college. 1st boss was a cokehead, I was too unaware to know this, but he was a fun guy even if our customers hated him/us by extension. Sometimes when we hit a really irate customer, I would talk kind of like billy bob thorton in sling blade and they would immediately either feel bad for me and turn nice or just go yell at one of the other guys...

Anyway he sells to a Jewish woman, who I'm getting along fine with. i was a team leader now, knew which jobs were "tits' and which were nightmares and would grab all the "tits" I could each morning. She then hires a kid, little, weak and worst of all afraid to climb ladders and keeps sticking him on my team because I'm nicer that the other older dudes.

One Friday, pay day, as he is standing on the ground while I hang a second story, over my head, tippy toe on the last ladder rung, sphincter puckering awning, he tells me how much he is making an hour. Which is exactly .10c less than I am making.

I go in, ask boss WTF is up with this? She says I have to pay him that much, his family goes to my synagogue (sp?) i say ok, I quit, see if he'll climb a ladder for you on Monday.

(Please break from this story and go read my "why are you giving me so much shit?" arrest story in the "who has the arrest record record thread" because it happened that Saturday night.)

Monday morning I walk in and start grabbing "tit" jobs again. Boss walks over goes "I thought you quit" i said "I thought I did too until I got arrested Saturday because I was so pissed at you and now have to pay for a lawyer". she said "welcome back"

Oh and worked with a little stoner kid who used to play wipeout and shit like that on the dashboard with screwdrivers and give me 60's psychedlic band compilation tapes. years latter saw him on MTV as the drummer in a couple of videos, and while the band did not go on to become huge, they got airplay, toured the world and are beloved to this day by some. i promise you most of the people here have heard them as they show up on a couple of huge movie soundtracks.

on the flip side I almost got arrested while quitting a different job while .

Worked security at a medium sized stadium that hosted classic rockers past their prime and older family type acts. I lasted 5 shows.

I'm in high school and small and spindly, they put my 6' 5" 215 pound athlete friend on car parking duty and make me security, well run place

First show is a pretty huge name classic rock act for this place. I'm supposed to stop cars from going backstage and send them to overflow parking, 1st car that drove by me girl leans out and yells "fuck you you fucking pig" I look behind me to see how the cop reacts to that, then realize I'm the fucking pig. Then the real fun starts. I'm supposed to have 2 other security people within line of sight, I have none. I'm supposed to have a walkie talkie, I have none. Remember this is my very 1st day. the venue has open seating, so if you get in without a ticket, nobody will throw you out.

I now have a line of drunken stoned full grown groups of men coming up from overflow parking, surrounding me and going "WTF are you going to do if we climb that fence?" I go, I'll grab him (pointing to the littlest guy) the rest of you can enjoy the show BUT if you walk down there where the other security guy never showed up you can all enjoy the show.

I worked the Wayne Newton backstage door, two huge fuckers in suits walk up and go to push past me. I go "I need to see your passes of you can't go in there. they go we're Wayne's body guards, flash me their guns and walk right the fuck in. If Wayne Newton was assassinated that night it would've been my bad.

i worked the "stop cars from going backstage gig" at another show and stood in front of a car with my hand raised for them to stop and waving toward overflow with the other. Car keeps coming, I hold both hands up in the universal "Holy shit stop" motion, car keeps coming right fucking at me. I jump the fuck out of the way as car barrels through and disappears into the backstage area.

I can't decide do I chase after car or stay here to stop others. Still don't have a walkie talkie or other security in line of sight. About 15 minutes latter I have boss screaming at me for letting a car get past me.

Anyway I show up for show 5, Neil Sedaka, I love I love my calendar girl shit, and I'm not fully shaven. My boss grabs my face and says "What you can't afford a razor?"

Takes me a second to realize a full grown man who is my boss just grabbed and squeezed my face to insult and embarrass me. i go fuck you I quit and walk out. Today I probably could've sued them for a shit ton, but I'm old like @jeff7b9 and shit was different back then.

So end of the week, I show up mid-day with a friend to get my 1 and only paycheck. They are having a lip synching kids show at the time. lady at the desk says, "you aren't getting paid, you didn't have your uniform dry cleaned" I go, let me go talk to my face grabbing boss, so she let's me in, I find him in the crowd of moms and kids.

I go what the hell, why aren't you paying me? He starts giving me crap about the rules and dry cleaning and I fucking lose my shit

Full on screaming cursing and going for him. My friend is pulling me away as parents are covering their children with their bodies to protect them.

I storm out, go to desk girl and say Mr. R said it is fine, you can give me my check now. She goes, he called the cops on you you better get out of here. So i got out of there.

No cops ever showed up at my house and eventually they mailed me a tiny check that had a huge dry cleaning charge taken out of it.

First one

I came to Curitiba, Brazil, to train MMA. Brought enough money to stay 3 months. A week or two in, one of my friends gets in huge trouble and I sent him nearly everything I had. So I had to get a job. I didn't speak any Portuguese besides some profanity. One of the guys in the gym ran the doors in the clubs and put me there as a bouncer.

I was working in a country music bar, which is the most popular music for jocks and rich Brazilians. Some coked out dude in the VIP Lounge with his girlfriend, and another couple sees me and realises I'm a foreigner and wants to make fun of me. He calls me to his table "ah u American huh" (because I'm fat) "I know a partytrick" then proceeds to throw a piece of lime as hard as he can to my head. They all laugh. I wanted to fuck him up real bad but somehow managed to keep my cool. I tell him I know a partytrick too. I whip out my dick and start pissing in his ice bucket, all over his grey goose, his red bulls, on the table, it was leaking on their clothes. Screaming like a bunch of girls. I put my wiener back in pants, give them a nod and say "have a nice evening" as I bowed out of the VIP lounge.

I got fired on the spot but everyone was laughing hard about it. Head of security couldn't hold back his tears. My buddies warned the guy not to fuck with me or they would get hurt. Looking back on it it was a very stupid move from me because those guys could have paid someone to shoot me or so, people die for way less in Brazil. At that time I didn't give a fuck if I lived or died.

The next day I was working in the bar in front of the other venue.

Second one

I never worked for a boss in my entire life, until I had to get a job for my at the time girlfriend to get her residency permit. I worked in a pawn shop, which was awful, we learned how to take advantage of poor people and it broke my heart. At night, I discovered my girlfriend was sending nudes to her ex, so I realized I didn't have to take this job serious. A butch dyke came in to trade in her phone at the pawn shop, took the sim card out and went to the ALDI next doors to buy food. Feels bad man. I don't wanna kick someone who is down, I'd rather sell drugs than seeing people in this situation. During lunchbreak I walked out, to never come back, and it felt amazing. I broke up with my girlfriend soon after. Never sold drugs either.

Back